Update to Volvo App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

My iPhone wanted me to update the Volvo app, which I did. Now it doesn't recognise the log in so I went to the main site, changed my password and started log in again and now it wants me to go back to the beginning and set it up again, plus when I put the PIN code in it says 'technical difficulties please try again'.

Why release an upgrade that doesn't work (especially when we are paying for it)?
First Edition in Red - Love the car but love my Ducati Multistrada more...

ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

There's no new iOS app, the update is out for a while already - so i'd say your troubles are unrelated to the update itself.
I've remote started the car ok this morning, but upon checking now it asked me to log in (login worked fine) and it still said Car in Use even if it's been parked over 3 hours ago.

Probably a bit of an issue with the servers, give it some time and it'll sort itself out

LE: Certainly a server problem - checked again out of curiosity and it now logs in and shows no car at all (but doesn't force me to add one, as usual) - so hold tight while they blame the intern haha
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

ciuncky wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:13 am There's no new iOS app, the update is out for a while already - so i'd say your troubles are unrelated to the update itself.
I've remote started the car ok this morning, but upon checking now it asked me to log in (login worked fine) and it still said Car in Use even if it's been parked over 3 hours ago.

Probably a bit of an issue with the servers, give it some time and it'll sort itself out

LE: Certainly a server problem - checked again out of curiosity and it now logs in and shows no car at all (but doesn't force me to add one, as usual) - so hold tight while they blame the intern haha
Yesterday there was an app update
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

I know, that's what I updated... hence the problems
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Spoke to Volvo on Call they said they said the system was down
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

5.1.0 came out TWO days ago, as shown by the app history; I assumed OP updated today and i pointed out there was no new update today
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

You can check the volvo servers here:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/status

Something is down at the moment
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

Feedback for ther new app on the iOS App Store is not good. Main complaint is charging info no longer shown for the Recharge.

I'm on 5.1.0 and find is flashier but less useful than the previous one. Is my car locked or nor, is the main reason I start the app.

That was crystal-clear on the old app. Doors: Locked
Haven't experimented much, but am I expected to look at the new Home-screen graphic and deduce my car is locked if the graphic shows the door mirrors folded in? Or do I need to tap the Padlock and if it says Unlock, assume I am currently locked?

Mosat annoyingly, and I would appreciate hearing if the same for others, on the Manage Account screen (the Person icon, if you can work that out); App Settings, it has an option:
Home screen - Switch back to previous design.

Tried that many, many times, both with 5.1.0 and the one that came before. No effect.

I look at this new app and wonder if some Director has paid his teenage son £100K to produce this rubbish.
MY2020 R-Design
bba

Post by bba »

Agree, it is not good and not an improvement
Used to have an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro MY21 with Polestar and useless Pilot Assist
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

I also run iOS version 5.1.0 and was able to switch back to the old design from account settings. Now there’s no way to back switch to the new design :lol:

There’s another way to access the old icons by enabling Volvo Cars app widget. On your iPhone Home Screen, pull the screen to the right, and push Edit at the bottom of the widgets. Then push Customize at the bottom of the page, find Volvo Cars in the list and push the green + icon. Afterwards, you can move Volvo Cars at the top of the active list by dragging the 3 horizontal line symbol. Press Done on top right corner.

Now you should see on the widget screen Volvo Cars and the old style 4 icons: Parked, Locked, Temp and Range. Unlock directly from there (see picture)

2E0398D3-688C-4232-BC99-FF84593CBCC8.jpeg