Update to Volvo App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
dannyfoster87

Post by dannyfoster87 »

On the android app there was an option to use the previous home screen, its much more informative than the new one. I assume over time the new one will be amended to be more useful
XC40 R Design Pro T5 Recharge

Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Used the revert option on my iPhone and it returned to the previous version
First Edition in Red - Love the car but love my Ducati Multistrada more...
JohnE

Post by JohnE »

DanishPastry wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:27 pm Feedback for ther new app on the iOS App Store is not good. Main complaint is charging info no longer shown for the Recharge.

I'm on 5.1.0 and find is flashier but less useful than the previous one. Is my car locked or nor, is the main reason I start the app.

That was crystal-clear on the old app. Doors: Locked
Haven't experimented much, but am I expected to look at the new Home-screen graphic and deduce my car is locked if the graphic shows the door mirrors folded in? Or do I need to tap the Padlock and if it says Unlock, assume I am currently locked?

Mosat annoyingly, and I would appreciate hearing if the same for others, on the Manage Account screen (the Person icon, if you can work that out); App Settings, it has an option:
Home screen - Switch back to previous design.

Tried that many, many times, both with 5.1.0 and the one that came before. No effect.

I look at this new app and wonder if some Director has paid his teenage son £100K to produce this rubbish.

On the home screen, if you swipe the large car symbol to the right you it expands range, door status, and climate status
XC40 B4 Inscription, Onyx Black, Climate pack
Ordered 9th November 2020
Delivered 11th January 2021
T4_recharge_guy

Post by T4_recharge_guy »

DanishPastry wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:27 pm Feedback for ther new app on the iOS App Store is not good. Main complaint is charging info no longer shown for the Recharge.

I'm on 5.1.0 and find is flashier but less useful than the previous one. Is my car locked or nor, is the main reason I start the app.

That was crystal-clear on the old app. Doors: Locked
Haven't experimented much, but am I expected to look at the new Home-screen graphic and deduce my car is locked if the graphic shows the door mirrors folded in? Or do I need to tap the Padlock and if it says Unlock, assume I am currently locked?

Mosat annoyingly, and I would appreciate hearing if the same for others, on the Manage Account screen (the Person icon, if you can work that out); App Settings, it has an option:
Home screen - Switch back to previous design.

Tried that many, many times, both with 5.1.0 and the one that came before. No effect.

I look at this new app and wonder if some Director has paid his teenage son £100K to produce this rubbish.
As a fellow recharge owner, have to completely agree. Not being able to see the battery percentage in the new version is a big over sight and poor design in general. Let’s hope they fix it soon.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Another android update too... v 5.1.1
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

I’m really liking the update.
@DanishPastry The image of the car will have the flashing light on the dashboard if it’s locked as well as clicking on the car to side-swipe that gives Doors and Climate status.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020