Question on T5 Hybrid Range.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

m@rk wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:27 am I didn't say you couldn't or even shouldn't but just that it's not the optimal use of the car.

Like you , when we were locked down over Christmas we were going weeks on end without ever using any petrol where as now, I am filling the car up every week
Now I’m confused?! Is the optimal use of an hybrid car with 28miles of range driving 200 everyday?! Or taking advantage of a government grant to compensate for this?

It’s a shame your company didn’t offer an all electric vehicle for your use case.. THEN the government grant would make sense. Mind there are already some reports pointing exactly to this: the government grant on hybrids are being misused/abused on the argument of saving the environment whereas in reality it’s not making the expected impact cuz of you/others. Hi m not judging here, just saying.. somewhere in the future those grants will either disappear or get a lot more restricted..

I’m happy it’s a win win win for your, but in the long run you might end loosing any grant at all in 2022/23..

As for me, I wouldn’t have the choice of any company car at all, so an hybrid from Volvo was a combination of factors: safe car for a family of 5, economical over 7-10 years (🤞), decent performance, environment friendly (cuz I can’t stand watching more planet 🌎 documentaries and drive a diesel car)..

So far I went to the gas station twice since December.. so I would say it’s working..
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus

Graemelisa

Post by Graemelisa »

I am over 8000km since December and have filled up 3 times.

I switch my car to pure to get the 45kms (I average about 37) which is just enough for me most days. I much prefer the feel/drive of the car on electric.

Most of my 3 tanks of petrol have been used on 3 long trips – on these trips I try and do the following

1.       Charge function when cruising on a motorway at 100 or more kmph.

2.       Hold function when between 50 and 100

This usually gives me about 30kms of electric which I use in the next residential area. It would be great if the software had a setting to do this automatically!

From my agricultural testing I have formed the view that this saves me money and gives me the enjoyment of using electric in a stop/start area. In other words the extra fuel consumption at those high speeds is minimal – much less than the cost of 30/35kms of petrol in a residential built up area.

On trips longer than 40 odd kms I use sat nav even when I don’t need it - on hybrid the car then uses the electric when it is needed most. Set your home as your destination and your actual destination as a way point.