Trying to buy one

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3530

Post by Deleted User 3530 »

I asked for XC40 R design with ‘driver awareness’ but told they cannot order any until further notice. I wonder why they even bother opening their sales department if chips are down?

Sowfi

Post by Sowfi »

Hey there!
Aghh!..Been there - Bought the T -Shirt!!
We found ourselves in a very similar situation a few weeks ago.... and was told the same information! Very frustrating!!

What they DO have is 'Driver Assistance' as a stand alone additional Option... So you loose the Blind spot Info System & Cross Traffic Alert with autobrake, and the auto dimming ex mirrors.. BUT you do get the Pilot Assist and ACC. Not ideal but thats all they can offer us at the moment!
Deleted User 3530

Post by Deleted User 3530 »

TBH I’m not that interested in pilot assist but the bliss and cross traffic alert is useful. If they are open to sell cars and they have a price on that new car then I am prepared to buy but at a cost agreed on the day. What I disagree with is the dealer saying they can’t give me a price on my part exchange car until the Volvo arrives in the uk. I have a figure that I want to spend today and not a greater figure three/four months down the line. I think Volvo/dealers should take the hit financial rather than the buyer being penalised for the slow production whatever the cause. If they are open for business I want to do my business today (😂) not 4 months time.