Wireless charging symbol

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I have just noticed following my service last week, that I no longer get a wireless charging symbol come up on the centre screen when charging my phone. I remember at last years service the symbol changed , this year it seems to have gone for good. The phone does still charge though. Anyone noticed the same? No big deal but somewhat annoying that you cant immediately see its charging.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

Pooliepete

Post by Pooliepete »

Yes, I’ve experienced the same post annual service although like you say, the phone still charges but it was handy confirmation that it was working, a backward step !
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Coincidentally just after posting this I got a curtesy call from the dealer asking about my service experience and were there any problems. I mentioned this but they had no information about it but will forward it on to Volvo customer services and update me when I get my first MOT in September.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:12 am I have just noticed following my service last week, that I no longer get a wireless charging symbol come up on the centre screen when charging my phone. I remember at last years service the symbol changed , this year it seems to have gone for good. The phone does still charge though. Anyone noticed the same? No big deal but somewhat annoying that you cant immediately see its charging.
I noticed that the symbol disappears when I connect the phone with the cable (i.e. android auto)