VOC is now Volvo Cars

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Got the same just now.
Is it now no remote start of the car or the climate start in this app also starts the car engine?
The app has the full spec, at least the body colour, the seat colour and the sun roof, of the car :)

ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

It will default to Climate, with an option for Remote.
Starting Climate will offer the below option, which while not spelling it out, works as intended

https://imgur.com/a/4FoHsyO

Added a link as img doesn’t seem to load
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

And, if if anyone hasn’t noticed, when you lock the car from the app, the mirrors fold and the alarm activated LED flashes….
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Makes sense. Why would you want to remote start if not for climate purposes? And why would you want to set the climate without being asked whether you want to start it?
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

So the image doesn't seem to reflect my Blonde leather although the colour (Denim Blue) is correct

I also notice that previously, the app would lock up and need restarting if it had been left for a while. Now it seems to work every time (so far)

I will need to have a play with the remote start/climate later as mine is the T5 Recharge so the options should be different depending on if the car is plugged in or not.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I've reinstalled VOC (second time now) and still am not offered the option to start the engine when setting the parking climate start (immediately or on a timer). Weird.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

That's weird indeed! Not to overstate the obvious, but do you have plenty of gas left? I think it won't remote start if there's below a certain level of fuel in the tank.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

ciuncky wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:15 pm That's weird indeed! Not to overstate the obvious, but do you have plenty of gas left? I think it won't remote start if there's below a certain level of fuel in the tank.
Yes, the tank is 3/4 full so that should be enough.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

I have just tried to unlock my car for the first time via the new version of the app and absolutely nothing happens. I tap the padlock on the home screen and the unlock option appears, it asks for my PIN which I enter then it just goes back to the home screen and zilch happens.

Don't know if this is relevant, but the app shows a flashing red light in the middle of the dashboard of the car, not noticed this before.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas why?

Many thanks,
Stanno

Edit : Blow me down, just tried again and the fourth attempt it worked.....
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

A think the flashing red light shows the alarm is active.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.