Connected Safety

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hey

So driving today, I had the connected safety icon display as a download. So somewhere, someone has come upon an issue and somebody else’s car is telling my car something right? Is there an indication of what it’s telling me. Obviously, it’s not an ice warning.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

asb

Post by asb »

It never happened in this vehicle, but in the previous one that had the same system (it was an MB), I could click on the icon on the GPS and say the reason for the warning
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

According to the instructions, the car sends this alert if it encounters a slippy road surface (such as ice) or if the hazards are deployed.

So it could just be somebody who has broken down or even just stopped at the side of the road and put their hazards on.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:50 pm Hey

So driving today, I had the connected safety icon display as a download. So somewhere, someone has come upon an issue and somebody else’s car is telling my car something right? Is there an indication of what it’s telling me. Obviously, it’s not an ice warning.
It’s telling you someone has braked hard (as in May be stationary traffic up ahead)
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras