Driver Assist Package - Is it worth it?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Sowfi wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:12 pm ... thanks everyone for your replies...
So the plot thickens...

Just had this email from my leasing company....
Our dealer has just confirmed that they are unable to place the order for the car as Volvo have removed the Drive Assist Pack from ordering due to the long delays

So I suppose my hand is now forced to go ahead without it!!!
:(

Back to metroman’s advice perhaps. Try to find a stock vehicle with the feature (s)?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o

mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Den48 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:38 pm Hi
Cancel to buy what ? , all manufacturers are facing the same problem, a shortage of processing computer chips.
Hi,
Like already been said - check the stock or may be Volvo Selekt.

It is a personal choice of cource, but not sure if there is a reason to buy a new 30-50k car if you can't buy features you want.
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

There are a number of new Inscription & Inscription pro spec XC40's available with the driver assist pack .OP doesn't say which engine they had ordered but there are T3, B4 . Maybe a momentum pro would suit the bill ?
When I originally ordered mine there were a list of things I had to have (intellisafe pro was one), things that would be nice to have and things that I wasn't interested in like most people I imagine, when I decided to ditch the order and get the already available car it had pretty much the same spec with a few things more.

If i was the OP I think that I would seriously consider a stock brand new car if the driver assist pack is really something that they want.
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
Sowfi

Post by Sowfi »

Thank you all for your thoughts on this.. Much appreciated!

So... the engine I'm looking at is T3 automatic. Looking to go with the Inscription for the leather seats (We have kids so much easier to wipe clean)

Yes...we did ask our leasing company if they had anything similar in already in stock, and unfortunately they do not!
The thing is...Ive already paid my leasing company £300 for processing fees (To cover Credit Check, admin etc...) So if i do find a stock vehicle with another company i would have to pay another load of processing fees and loose the £300! So i think I'm kinda forced to stick them them and wait it out!

I did my research on many leasing companies and they did give me the most competitive rates on the car that I wanted.
Germaniac

Post by Germaniac »

I have the same problem in Germany, maybe this helps: my dealer was able to add „Pilot Assist“ as a feature, separately from the driver assist package (called IntelliSafe Surround in Germany). This way, at least you get the combination of ACC and lane centering, which to me are both crucial features. You would still miss out on blind spot assist and the other smaller features though.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Sowfi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:42 pm Thank you all for your thoughts on this.. Much appreciated!

So... the engine I'm looking at is T3 automatic. Looking to go with the Inscription for the leather seats (We have kids so much easier to wipe clean)

Yes...we did ask our leasing company if they had anything similar in already in stock, and unfortunately they do not!
The thing is...Ive already paid my leasing company £300 for processing fees (To cover Credit Check, admin etc...) So if i do find a stock vehicle with another company i would have to pay another load of processing fees and loose the £300! So i think I'm kinda forced to stick them them and wait it out!

I did my research on many leasing companies and they did give me the most competitive rates on the car that I wanted.
Hi there,
I am a bit confused with reasoning on Inscription due to leather seats. You know that this is also an option for both Momentum and RDesing?
Sowfi

Post by Sowfi »

.... I actually didn't!! But to be honest it isn't just about the leather seats.. We wanted something a little special!
We've spent the last 10 years driving our old and battered Renault Scenic and we feel we deserved a proper grown up car!!!
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Sowfi wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:28 am .... I actually didn't!! But to be honest it isn't just about the leather seats.. We wanted something a little special!
We've spent the last 10 years driving our old and battered Renault Scenic and we feel we deserved a proper grown up car!!!
Cool, I am sure you deserve it!
Just make sure you actually like this trim, as some people don't.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Version 3 of the MY22 brochure has deleted Driver Awareness. It is not longer available as a stand-alone option, nor as part of the Driver Assistance package which now features Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise only, with the price dropped from £1550 to £1100.

They obviously see the semiconductor problem as affecting production for some time.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
StackH

Post by StackH »

jamie307 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:07 pm Version 3 of the MY22 brochure has deleted Driver Awareness. It is not longer available as a stand-alone option, nor as part of the Driver Assistance package which now features Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise only, with the price dropped from £1550 to £1100.

They obviously see the semiconductor problem as affecting production for some time.
Hmmm, we placed an order at the end of April with the Driver Awareness pack. The dealer later advised us of the build delay due to that pack, but we haven't heard anything since. I wonder what it will mean for our order. Time to call the dealer I think!