Thunder grey or Glacier Silver R design pro

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Littletaffia

Post by Littletaffia »

Pebble Grey is an odd colour. Sometimes in certain light it has a golden tinge to it. More platinum than grey. Does look nice on my Inscription Pro.
B4 Inscription Pro Auto. Pebble Grey.

Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Went for Glacier silver. In different light it presents totally differently. It responds *really* well to good treatment with decent product, but won't ever have the deep 'wet' look that darker colours offer. I ended up giving it a good polish with Autoglym SRP, then layering the extra gloss protection, and use the Aquawax with each wash and a little rapid detailer when it's dusty. It's really allowed the metalic detail to shine.
Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

Littletaffia wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:01 pm Pebble Grey is an odd colour. Sometimes in certain light it has a golden tinge to it. More platinum than grey. Does look nice on my Inscription Pro.

That's the colour I have ordered, only seen it on websites so hoping it looks okay when I pick it up next month. :)
Andyfr

June 2021 B4 AWD Inscription - Pebble Grey - Dark tinted windows - Temp spare wheel.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Andyfr wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:39 am
Littletaffia wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:01 pm Pebble Grey is an odd colour. Sometimes in certain light it has a golden tinge to it. More platinum than grey. Does look nice on my Inscription Pro.

That's the colour I have ordered, only seen it on websites so hoping it looks okay when I pick it up next month. :)
I nearly went for that. I did manage to see a couple in the flesh before choosing.

It's beige. Like a golden, silver metallic sandy sort of thing. Looks well on the XC40 Inscription. Would look silly with the black roof of a R Design. I have seen a few since and can't say it changes colour under different light like some of the other Volvo colours though.

My wife said it was "an old mans colour". I disagreed then ordered Denim Blue
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi all
When I started researching I liked the pebble grey but when I ordered in December 20 it was not available in the R design spec, annoyingly it is now available again. I then decided on thunder grey until I saw it at a local dealers didn’t like it from certain angles or various lighting conditions, I had recently owned silver and white cars and was trading in a black car, struggling now. Anyway ended up with fusion Red pleased with the colour in dull conditions it’s a deep red like the Mazda CX-5 colour but on bright days it lightens up noticeably
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

m@rk wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:51 pm

It was between Denim Blue and Pebble Grey, my wife would always go for blue if given a choice but I prefer Grey, must be because I'm an old man! :)
Andyfr

June 2021 B4 AWD Inscription - Pebble Grey - Dark tinted windows - Temp spare wheel.
Littletaffia

Post by Littletaffia »

m@rk wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:51 pm
Andyfr wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:39 am

I nearly went for that. I did manage to see a couple in the flesh before choosing.

It's beige. Like a golden, silver metallic sandy sort of thing. Looks well on the XC40 Inscription. Would look silly with the black roof of a R Design. I have seen a few since and can't say it changes colour under different light like some of the other Volvo colours though.

I am an old man. It's an old mans' car. :D
B4 Inscription Pro Auto. Pebble Grey.
CDR

Post by CDR »

I certainly don’t want to upset anyone and this is only my opinion but we have seen a new car in pebble grey and it looked like it had been resprayed, every angle looked different and when the sun came out from behind a cloud it looked even worse, definitely not for me!
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Just browsing on the Volvo car configuration and found that Thunder Grey is not available across the xc40 range, I thought that this was a relatively new colour?
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Quite a few colour changes with the latest revisions. Bursting blue has gone too
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019