VOLVO REVEALS GLOBAL INTEGRATION OF SPOTIFY

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Volvo Cars is the first car maker to integrate the hugely popular Spotify music streaming service globally in its new cars, starting with the new Volvo XC90, S90 and V90 this spring, it was announced at the 2016 Mobile World Conference in Barcelona.

175779_Volvo_integrated_Spotify_app.jpg

The Swedish car maker has worked closely with the popular music streaming service to ensure a natural and familiar user interface in the car. The integration takes advantage of Spotify’s most appreciated features using the large real-estate of the tablet-like touch screen in the new XC90, S90 and V90, and does away with the need to use a smartphone for music streaming while on the road.

“Anyone that has used Spotify knows how great it is – you have access to your favourite music, all the time. We are very proud of our unique and custom-made interface for Spotify,” said Björn Annwall, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Sales and Service at Volvo Cars.

Accessing Spotify will require a Premium subscription. A 30-day free trial period will be available for those new to the service. The app will be available for Volvo owners in all countries where Spotify is available.

“As before, you can still play music from your Spotify smartphone app in your car, or you can use the in-car app, which will contain all of your favourite playlists, artists and albums. And with Spotify’s ability to deliver extremely high-quality streaming, it has never been a better time to get the most out of the Bowers & Wilkins sound system in our new XC90, S90 and V90,” concluded Björn Annwall.

At present, Spotify is also available to stream in Volvo models via Bluetooth or through Apple CarPlay. However, the native application in Volvo Cars’ Sensus user interface in the new XC90, S90 and V90 provides a much richer experience and a search functionality that non-native applications cannot deliver.

Volvo’s integrated Spotify application includes the much appreciated Spotify Connect functionality, which allows passengers to use their mobile devices as remote controls for the Spotify in-car app without the need to connect their devices to the car or drain their batteries.

VolvoFan

Post by VolvoFan »

I hope they come up with some sort of standard, so it doesn't matter if you have an iphone or andriod, old version or new version - it will just work!
malkyxc40

Post by malkyxc40 »

All sounds good.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Doesn't sound (pun intended) good to me.

Nice to use full screen and.....Great where reception is strong. However, I prefer to stick with what I've got, which is a phone with 512gb storage & all my favourite Spotify content downloaded at highest resolution - can't stand the usual buffering and/or reduced resolution.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
michael123

Post by michael123 »

Silver Moose wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:20 pm Doesn't sound (pun intended) good to me.

Nice to use full screen and.....Great where reception is strong. However, I prefer to stick with what I've got, which is a phone with 512gb storage & all my favourite Spotify content downloaded at highest resolution - can't stand the usual buffering and/or reduced resolution.
Yes, and sadly Volvo could resolve this frustrating buffering, and loosy half-screen.. It is slow on starting up, reconnects and lost connection frequent.