Map Update 1343 now available to download

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Buzz6

Post by Buzz6 »

Got it upgraded, used a different USB memory stick and it upgraded without any problems.

J Gurander

Post by J Gurander »

In my experience having the maps set to auto update works just fine. It's set and forget, the maps just update. No USB stick, time on a PC required. It just works in the background and I'm none the wiser to its workings.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Eman Sdrawkcab wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:23 pm In my experience having the maps set to auto update works just fine. It's set and forget, the maps just update. No USB stick, time on a PC required. It just works in the background and I'm none the wiser to its workings.
Olleh Name Backwards

That only works for the relatively small routine updates. Larger updates have to be done with the USB stick
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Did anyone notice we now have the estimation date on new Map Update? https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe says it will be available on June 11th :)
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Ladies and gents, as of today, we have the Map Update 1346 available! :)
https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Yes, I had my Sensus set to automatic download. Unfortunately though the Sensus was in the process of installing the France map from usb ( been installing for over 2 hours of driving time and still not complete ) but the automatic update of the home map stopped the France update so I’ve had to restart that from scratch again. I wish Volvo would get their act together with these map updates 😠
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I've been looking to find a way in which to change the map I have selected... Auto download automatically updated the UK before I tried the USB update, which then told me the map was already up to date... So I've turned off auto download
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Thought i saw this somewhere in download centre under maps. You could choose which ones you wanted and which was primary i think.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I downloaded the "full" European region as opposed to just the UK, and got the issue described earlier
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

I always let the car auto-update my primary map (South Eastern Europe) first. After that I usually download the full Europe (50+ GB) to an USB stick and update the full map on my next trip. Never on that same trip and never before I got the message that the auto-update has been installed.
The interesting part is that both regional map and the whole Europe map (USB) takes some 40 mins to install. There is a difference though, because I can use the navigation during the regional update, while during the whole Europe update it is not possible to use the navigation, plus using the Spotify or TuneIn is strongly not recommended. These are the moments you realise how slow the main processor is.