Map Update 1343 now available to download

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Just a head up, 1343 is now showing as available to download on the Volvo website here

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/do ... spa/europe

It claims it was updated on the 16/04/2021 but it wasn't showing on Monday

These do seem to be coming out at a swift pace these days.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Deleted User 3491

Post by Deleted User 3491 »

I only ever download the much smaller N Europe (basically UK, Ireland and Iceland). That particular download is showing as released today.

I always leave my map downloads on auto update. I never do it myself, it just happens.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

My Volvo started the auto update today and now I can see the whole Europe available as a download. That date is incorrect, since I've downloaded the 1340 version on April 21st.
Hope they will not issue the new version in a few days, with the proper timestamp.
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Mine updated today, no problems.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
joeldram

Post by joeldram »

I really want to update this but my volvo is saying ‘update to big’. does anyone know how to solve this?
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

joeldram wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:32 pm I really want to update this but my volvo is saying ‘update to big’. does anyone know how to solve this?
Download from the website onto a USB key then plug into the car rather than trying to download from the car.

Failing that, whilst the full Europe update is 52GB in size, you can just select to update your country (UK etc) and these updates are only about 2.5GB
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

The full size update only takes 15 minutes when you use the USB...The download takes a while though :-)
Buzz6

Post by Buzz6 »

This is the first time I have tried to do an update, I downloaded the North Europe map version 1343 onto a USB as per the installer, verified the download but when I go to the car, the info system starts, I go to the sat nav screen, plug in the USB, the USB flashes 3 or 4 times and then nothing.

Can somebody give me a step by step guide on the best way to update with USB, do I need to start the car?

Thanks
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I've only done it whilst driving, it only takes about 25 minutes for the whole 53gb Europe map...
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I downloaded the north European update onto a usb stick it’s about 2.3gb, I formatted the usb stick first and downloaded it as per instructions on the Volvo website under the support tab. I then went to the car plugged the usb stick in and the centre screen immediately acknowledged that there was an update to load, I did start the car the car and sat in it for about 10 mins the small update circle was spinning indicating something was happening. I then drove the car and it took about 25 minutes in total to download. The last message that I saw on the screen was that the update was done and that it would be completed when the car was stopped and the engine switched off
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my