Map Update 1343 now available to download

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

I did exaclty that, didn't work, said my maps were already up to date...

Joss

Post by Joss »

Same here tried directly to car got no updates available, also downloaded file to USB and the car said update was already installed
2021 P8 recharge Sage Green
Deleted User 3359

I had a notification yesterday that there was a map update, and opted not to download it . Version1346 downloading to USB now...
Deeg

Post by Deeg »

Have tried to download and install various full Western Europe map updates to usb. Each time after the download completes I run the verification option and it always reports a failure due to either later version being available or files/folders added outside of Sensus update. Anyone else have this issue on a Mac? wandering if spotlight search function is adding its index to the usb stick?

Update.. managed to complete the install.. used a 128gb sandisk usb rather than the 2tb I was trying. Still got the error when running the check but the stick was recognised by car when plugged in and maps copied over ok.
black r-design b4 awd with lounge, climate, versatility, driver assist, tow-bar and lava
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

There is a Map Update 1350 now available at https://www.volvocars.com/hr/support/do ... spa/europe

Looks like there will be an automatic map updates in our XC40s on the next ride :)
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
PlymDave

Post by PlymDave »

Are the Volvo map updates free? I have a B4 R Design on order, to update the maps on my current Peugeot 2008 costs over £100 a time so I haven't bothered to do it.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

PlymDave wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:39 am Are the Volvo map updates free? I have a B4 R Design on order, to update the maps on my current Peugeot 2008 costs over £100 a time so I haven't bothered to do it.
Yes, Volvo map updates are free. You can download them OTA in the car or to your computer installing the update in the car via memory stick.
Deleted User 3359

Having experienced several systems (the two Renault, Ford Sync and Volvo) the Volvo upgrade system is fantastic! I download to USB and then plug the stick into the car. It takes about 30 mins maximum to load and once the car has restarted it's there. As a direct comparison, Sync 3 on Ford, would take over an hour to install... It would also take multiple attempts to download. Sensus may take a while (mine on 73gbps broadband took an hour) but it's worked first time every time
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Just the other day the car started downloading a map update by itself. So easy...
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Map update V1350 became available last week. It started to download automatically in my car on Thursday afternoon, then announced that the download was paused. That evening it was still paused but next morning the download resumed and it finished installing in about fifteen minutes, so all was well.
As an aside, I sometimes wonder if anyone spots the changes in these updates, are they accurate and timely?