Stereo question

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Wiciman

Post by Wiciman »

Hi

New to the forum.

My girlfriend just ordered a XC40 T2 Momentum.

I was wondering regarding the specified stereo. On the order it says (in Swedish) "Ljud (Sound) Performance 9" ".

Would this be the base model stereo, i.e. two speakers and a subwoofer?

She has not chosen to pay for the Apple Car Play option. Can she still connect via BT with her Iphone and use the car's mic/speakers while calling and connect the stereo to Spotify in her mobile?

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

There are 3 levels for stereo equipment, naming differs across markets. Performance 3 speakers / 80W, High Performance 8 speakers / 250W, HarmanKardon Premium Sound 13 speakers / 600W. It seams your order has the 3 speaker stereo that’s standard in the basic Momentum trim. All levels of stereo equipment allow Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity for calls and music playback. There’s also a Spotify app that can be used directly from the car’s entertainment system if there’s an internet connection through mobile phone hotspoting or SIM card for embedded modem.
Wiciman

Post by Wiciman »

thank you for a super informative reply!
joeldram

Post by joeldram »

Does the R-design come with the middle option of the three as standard?
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

This varies by market, what's standard here in the UK may not be where you are (Sweden, i think you mentioned on the order?). Best thing is go to the Volvo website for your country and you will be able to download the brochure/pricelist. This will detail exactly what is standard on each model in your country.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21