A crazy, crazy theory but.....

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Felindre wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:13 am It could be down to the server reboot they did last week that you reported:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2626&start=10#p23505
No, I don’t think so. Another guy on here said they’d rebooted the server (billybob if memory serves). It still didn’t work for me. I’m just thankful it’s working now.

As an asides, I again made enquiries with Vodafone regarding the information that the tech support guy gave me. He confirmed that if you do indeed opt to renew your free Vodafone sim deal after its expired, when the new deal ends, you will be able to claim back your unused data. This is the direction I’m going to be taking. I realise that I will need to fork out £100 now and claim back the unused data this time next year but it will keep the continuity going. The car is bought and paid for and is a keeper. This type of arrangement won’t suit everyone but is a way to keep Vodafone which seems to have superior coverage in my area compared to the network from 3.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Dermottdog wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:11 am
Felindre wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:13 am It could be down to the server reboot they did last week that you reported:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2626&start=10#p23505
No, I don’t think so. Another guy on here said they’d rebooted the server (billybob if memory serves). It still didn’t work for me. I’m just thankful it’s working now.

As an asides, I again made enquiries with Vodafone regarding the information that the tech support guy gave me. He confirmed that if you do indeed opt to renew your free Vodafone sim deal after its expired, when the new deal ends, you will be able to claim back your unused data. This is the direction I’m going to be taking. I realise that I will need to fork out £100 now and claim back the unused data this time next year but it will keep the continuity going. The car is bought and paid for and is a keeper. This type of arrangement won’t suit everyone but is a way to keep Vodafone which seems to have superior coverage in my area compared to the network from 3.

morn all

the tech guy at dobsons volvo told me that volvo did something to their servers and tbh it fixed mine and it’s still fixed ....i was mega sceptical but it seems to be that whatever they did or didn’t do seems to have resolved issues for
me and maybe others too?