Service Plan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Post Reply
NitramA
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by NitramA » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:58 am

I’ve got a 3 year service plan and was wondering if I will be covered if I get the annual service done before its third birthday in October or will it now chargeable?

Had a quick search but couldn’t see this anywhere on the forum so apologies if its already been answered.

Salmonfisher
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Salmonfisher » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:49 am

I mentioned it to my dealer and they seemed to expect this. Also I asked when I bought it and salesman said OK if done before 3rd anniversary.

NitramA
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by NitramA » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:34 pm

That’s reassuring, especially considering the amounts being quoted for a service elsewhere in the forum.

Thanks for the response.

eugen61
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 7:33 am

Post by eugen61 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:14 pm

You’ll get a service notification in your car’s dashboard and VOC app couple of weeks before deadline, after that you can schedule the service before the plan’s expiration day. I had my yearly service plan done 3 weeks before the car’s yearly anniversary.

chammer
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by chammer » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:03 pm

3 year service plan went up to £699 on 1st April. Just missed the cut-off…

Andy40
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Andy40 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:47 pm

chammer wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:03 pm
3 year service plan went up to £699 on 1st April. Just missed the cut-off…
Ouch, that’s increased from when I bought mine…

Andy40
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Andy40 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:49 pm

NitramA wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:58 am
I’ve got a 3 year service plan and was wondering if I will be covered if I get the annual service done before its third birthday in October or will it now chargeable?

Had a quick search but couldn’t see this anywhere on the forum so apologies if its already been answered.
Yes, as has been said, just book the car in a couple of weeks prior to its 3rd anniversary and all should be okay - I’d be tempted to arrange the service a month or 2 before hand, so you can book it in, for your chosen date, without issues or being fully booked…

Cevoli21
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Cevoli21 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:18 pm

Andy40 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:49 pm
NitramA wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:58 am
I’ve got a 3 year service plan and was wondering if I will be covered if I get the annual service done before its third birthday in October or will it now chargeable?

Had a quick search but couldn’t see this anywhere on the forum so apologies if its already been answered.
Yes, as has been said, just book the car in a couple of weeks prior to its 3rd anniversary and all should be okay - I’d be tempted to arrange the service a month or 2 before hand, so you can book it in, for your chosen date, without issues or being fully booked…
Also dont forget to book the MOT at the same time. That way the warranty should cover any problems.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps

Andy40
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Andy40 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:40 pm

Cevoli21 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:18 pm
Andy40 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:49 pm
NitramA wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:58 am
I’ve got a 3 year service plan and was wondering if I will be covered if I get the annual service done before its third birthday in October or will it now chargeable?

Had a quick search but couldn’t see this anywhere on the forum so apologies if its already been answered.
Yes, as has been said, just book the car in a couple of weeks prior to its 3rd anniversary and all should be okay - I’d be tempted to arrange the service a month or 2 before hand, so you can book it in, for your chosen date, without issues or being fully booked…
Also dont forget to book the MOT at the same time. That way the warranty should cover any problems.
Very good point that 👍🏻

Rigel
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by Rigel » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:43 pm

I have just had my19 third service and MoT completed one week prior to its third anniversary. No problem. I also arranged a years extended warranty. But not with Volvo cheaper to shop around . Needs to be taken out without a lapse.

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post