Service Plan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

I’ve got a 3 year service plan and was wondering if I will be covered if I get the annual service done before its third birthday in October or will it now chargeable?

Had a quick search but couldn’t see this anywhere on the forum so apologies if its already been answered.

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I mentioned it to my dealer and they seemed to expect this. Also I asked when I bought it and salesman said OK if done before 3rd anniversary.
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

That’s reassuring, especially considering the amounts being quoted for a service elsewhere in the forum.

Thanks for the response.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

You’ll get a service notification in your car’s dashboard and VOC app couple of weeks before deadline, after that you can schedule the service before the plan’s expiration day. I had my yearly service plan done 3 weeks before the car’s yearly anniversary.
chammer

Post by chammer »

3 year service plan went up to £699 on 1st April. Just missed the cut-off…
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

chammer wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:03 pm 3 year service plan went up to £699 on 1st April. Just missed the cut-off…
Ouch, that’s increased from when I bought mine…
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

NitramA wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:58 am I’ve got a 3 year service plan and was wondering if I will be covered if I get the annual service done before its third birthday in October or will it now chargeable?

Had a quick search but couldn’t see this anywhere on the forum so apologies if its already been answered.
Yes, as has been said, just book the car in a couple of weeks prior to its 3rd anniversary and all should be okay - I’d be tempted to arrange the service a month or 2 before hand, so you can book it in, for your chosen date, without issues or being fully booked…
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Andy40 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:49 pm
NitramA wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:58 am I’ve got a 3 year service plan and was wondering if I will be covered if I get the annual service done before its third birthday in October or will it now chargeable?

Yes, as has been said, just book the car in a couple of weeks prior to its 3rd anniversary and all should be okay - I’d be tempted to arrange the service a month or 2 before hand, so you can book it in, for your chosen date, without issues or being fully booked…
Also dont forget to book the MOT at the same time. That way the warranty should cover any problems.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Cevoli21 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:18 pm
Andy40 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:49 pm

Also dont forget to book the MOT at the same time. That way the warranty should cover any problems.
Very good point that 👍🏻
Rigel

Post by Rigel »

I have just had my19 third service and MoT completed one week prior to its third anniversary. No problem. I also arranged a years extended warranty. But not with Volvo cheaper to shop around . Needs to be taken out without a lapse.