Profile seat movement when opening doors

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to initiate driver seat movement as soon as the car is unlocked with the remote? Currently, when I unlock the car with the remote the driver seat doesn't move to my profile position (from my wife's, if she drove the car last) until I physically open the door. This is less than ideal if it's raining heavily and I have to stand outside the car as the seat slowly moves into a position where I can get in. Would it not make more sense to initiate seat movement as soon as car is unlocked with the remote?
XC40 Recharge PHEV Inscription Pro, Pebble Grey, Packs: Lounge, Innovation & Audio, Climate Pro, and Versatility.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Setanta wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:59 pm Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to initiate driver seat movement as soon as the car is unlocked with the remote? Currently, when I unlock the car with the remote the driver seat doesn't move to my profile position (from my wife's, if she drove the car last) until I physically open the door. This is less than ideal if it's raining heavily and I have to stand outside the car as the seat slowly moves into a position where I can get in. Would it not make more sense to initiate seat movement as soon as car is unlocked with the remote?
I don’t think it’s possible. Is it that much of a problem? I’m 5’8’’ and my wife is 5’. So when she’s been using her key and then I use mine, the seat moves but by the time I’m getting in, the seat cushion has stopped moving and it’s only the back rest and lumber support that’s still moving. I suppose if you’re 6’6” with really long legs and your other half is vertically challenged with short legs then there might be a slight delay (1or 2 seconds maybe).
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Could be worse.
Use short wife keys and move seat using my memory button, forget when getting back in car again and sit down. Seat then moves far forward and upright forcing taller me up against wheel 🤣
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Setanta wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:59 pm Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to initiate driver seat movement as soon as the car is unlocked with the remote? Currently, when I unlock the car with the remote the driver seat doesn't move to my profile position (from my wife's, if she drove the car last) until I physically open the door. This is less than ideal if it's raining heavily and I have to stand outside the car as the seat slowly moves into a position where I can get in. Would it not make more sense to initiate seat movement as soon as car is unlocked with the remote?
Yes has happened to me but randomly, occasionally I’ll get in and notice the seat moving into m1, can be unnerving as it makes me wonder when the seat moved itself fully back - I’m the only driver in the house, mentioned it when car was being looked at for other things - got the usual .... ‘never heard of that before’ like the indicators going silent and the car voice gaining a Dutch accent .... I’m not kidding ☹️