Question for regular orange key users....

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RealGoneKid

Question for regular orange key users....

Post by RealGoneKid » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:49 pm

... My partner uses her black key, I use the orange key. We drive pretty much 50/50 using these keys each week. She has her settings stored to user profile one. My aren’t, but as we all know they effectively default to profile 2.

After virtually every journey I make using my orange key, the next time my partner uses hers, the car fails to acknowledge her key, seat settings etc, and defaults it back to the guest profile. Until we assign it to profile one again in driver settings > driver profile etc.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is our initial set up wrong somewhere do you think, or is this only solved by us shelling out for a second black key?
T5 Recharge, R Design Pro, Glacier Silver, Lounge & Climate packs. New purchase from dealer stock Oct 20. Ceramic Coated after purchase.

Felindre

Re: Question for regular orange key users....

Post by Felindre » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 am

Yes, i don't use the orange key regularly, but on the occasions i have i find the car reluctant to switch the profile back when reverting to the programmed black key as you say.

Maybe we should program the orange key to profile 2 rather than leaving it to pick up guest?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

m@rk

Re: Question for regular orange key users....

Post by m@rk » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:58 am

You are over estimating what the Restricted Care Key (the Orange one) does

Because you have not activated another profile when you have used the orange key (because the profile created in slot 2 isn't a full profile) , the car doesn't change back to the original profile afterwards.

The answer is I'm afraid a 2nd black key
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde