Software bug

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Dermottdog wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:17 pm
Grip Tight wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:58 pm I have a 2020 model XC40 and haven't experienced any issues with the phone app. It works quickly and well in every aspect.

I had the Vodafone SIM for the first 12 months and currently use the 3 Network 24 month SIM. No issues with either.
Thanks for the information. I’m in a bad signal area for the 3 network. I’ve plugged my Vodafone sim back in and they gave me 1GB to play with (expires 24/4). I will stay with Vodafone I think. Better coverage in my area. At the end of the day it works out at £80 a year.
I’ve not had an issue with the app either. It’s worth saying again that if I start and stop my car normally and lock it, I can remote start, stop, unlock and lock and flash the lights for 6 to 8 minutes. It then stops working. It’s strange how the fault comes on. I haven’t a software update since last September.
If you wan't to stick with Vodafone then you can get something similar to the Three PAYG Internet with legs deal here with 24GB for 24 months for £45

It's £37 right now on Amazon here https://amzn.to/2P0i4xJ
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

m@rk wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:14 am
Dermottdog wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:17 pm
Grip Tight wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:58 pm I have a 2020 model XC40 and haven't experienced any issues with the phone app. It works quickly and well in every aspect.

I had the Vodafone SIM for the first 12 months and currently use the 3 Network 24 month SIM. No issues with either.
Thanks for the information. I’m in a bad signal area for the 3 network. I’ve plugged my Vodafone sim back in and they gave me 1GB to play with (expires 24/4). I will stay with Vodafone I think. Better coverage in my area. At the end of the day it works out at £80 a year.
I’ve not had an issue with the app either. It’s worth saying again that if I start and stop my car normally and lock it, I can remote start, stop, unlock and lock and flash the lights for 6 to 8 minutes. It then stops working. It’s strange how the fault comes on. I haven’t a software update since last September.
If you wan't to stick with Vodafone then you can get something similar to the Three PAYG Internet with legs deal here with 24GB for 24 months for £45

It's £37 right now on Amazon here https://amzn.to/2P0i4xJ

Thanks 👍
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Just got a call from my local dealer re the remote start not working since my service in early March. The chap asked if I have the latest IOS app version (which I do) He asked me to delete it and reinstall. I've done this and hey presto all's working again. I hope this might be useful to the forum?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Mark123 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm Just got a call from my local dealer re the remote start not working since my service in early March. The chap asked if I have the latest IOS app version (which I do) He asked me to delete it and reinstall. I've done this and hey presto all's working again. I hope this might be useful to the forum?
Thanks for the information. I’d already done that. Car booked in on the 29th.

3B3628B4-892D-4ED5-A902-9332E5E6377B.png

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Dermottdog wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 pm
Mark123 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm Just got a call from my local dealer re the remote start not working since my service in early March. The chap asked if I have the latest IOS app version (which I do) He asked me to delete it and reinstall. I've done this and hey presto all's working again. I hope this might be useful to the forum?
Thanks for the information. I’d already done that. Car booked in on the 29th.
just to add in and from our previous discussions - almost exact same situation but i got a call from the dealer master tech saying he had sorted the problem - had me start the car remotely flash lights and horn etc just on chance i said to him please can i call you back in 10 mins to try again ? did so and surprise surprise exactly the same as you describe - car not responding - he tried to say it was lack of fuel! so i said put some in and i’ll pay you when i pick it up - did that and same thing!

i mentioned the discussions on the forum and other owners such as us with this issue and the potential SIM cause as i’m in the same
scenario - he maintains he’s been in discussion with volvo and they know nothing about this - he’s stumped and is at the point i feel of saying come and collect it - i think i’m going to reject it as i know the car doesn’t get very warm on remote start but we bought the winter pack for the heated seats steering wheel as i have reynauds and the mrs fybromyalgia and in summer no issue but winter ......i’m waiting to be told to buy gloves and live with it!
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

I have now changed my XC40 for an XC60 but have had this same issue in the new car for the last couple of months. I also have the app installed on both an apple and an android phone and as others have said, there is no connectivity 10 mins after the car is turned off.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Well another call from the dealers - they have been told it was a server issue and has been updated over the weekend - he had me remote start my car and all seems to be working - he wants me to try it again overnight but i’d be curious if anyone else has had this sorted ?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

billybobb2019 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:11 pm Well another call from the dealers - they have been told it was a server issue and has been updated over the weekend - he had me remote start my car and all seems to be working - he wants me to try it again overnight but i’d be curious if anyone else has had this sorted ?
Lucky old you. Just tried and I’m getting the same message.

19C5C99C-E271-4E6A-A2B6-6FD6EB542492.png

billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Dermottdog wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:43 pm
billybobb2019 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:11 pm Well another call from the dealers - they have been told it was a server issue and has been updated over the weekend - he had me remote start my car and all seems to be working - he wants me to try it again overnight but i’d be curious if anyone else has had this sorted ?
Lucky old you. Just tried and I’m getting the same message.
I think he’s having me over tbh but i’ve just tried it now and it’s still working - i do wonder what they did?
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

I'm with Dermott, still not working for me.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)