Software bug

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

UPDATE UPDATE

So, I tried to do a remote flash today and it worked - twice!!
Then I tried a remote start - also worked. This is the first time these have both worked since late February. I will monitor the situation over the next few days and if it’s still ok, cancel my appointment at the dealership. I’m at a loss as to why it’s working now. I’ve been trying remote flashes for weeks with no joy. 🙄
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:44 pm UPDATE UPDATE

Then I tried a remote start - also worked. This is the first time these have both worked since late February. I will monitor the situation over the next few days and if it’s still ok, cancel my appointment at the dealership. I’m at a loss as to why it’s working now. I’ve been trying remote flashes for weeks with no joy. 🙄

The weather has warmed up.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:44 pm UPDATE UPDATE

Just tried mine and both light flash and send location to car both now working again....how weird
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
AyCee

Post by AyCee »

I have been watching this thread for a few weeks as my VOC app doesn’t communicate with the car after about 10 minutes from parking up. Stopped working after a previous app update.
I have just deleted the app and reinstalled it after reading the positive comments regarding the ‘server re-boot’ but still no joy.
So it seems this problem has not been resolved for everyone. Coincidentally the ‘kick’ tailgate open and close function also stops working when the VOC app stops communicating. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next update.
  • Glacier Silver XC40 Inscription Pro T4 with a few extras
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

AyCee wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:53 pm I have been watching this thread for a few weeks as my VOC app doesn’t communicate with the car after about 10 minutes from parking up. Stopped working after a previous app update.
I have just deleted the app and reinstalled it after reading the positive comments regarding the ‘server re-boot’ but still no joy.
So it seems this problem has not been resolved for everyone. Coincidentally the ‘kick’ tailgate open and close function also stops working when the VOC app stops communicating. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next update.
AyCee, just tried this again and it’s still working. I will cancel my service appointment tomorrow. It’s a mystery.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
AyCee

Post by AyCee »

😊 I may give Volvo a call and see what they say.
  • Glacier Silver XC40 Inscription Pro T4 with a few extras