Towbar - so impressed!!!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Cornishman

Towbar - so impressed!!!

Post by Cornishman » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:30 pm

Well, went to check on the caravan today, and whilst there decided to see how the electrics connected up etc.

Wow, so impressed. The 13 pin plug into the socket, ATC beeped immediately (indicating the positive supply to the van was fine) and then into the seat to see a pop up "trailer attached, ready for light check (Start/Cancel). Back of the van lit up like a Christmas tree to indicate all bulbs working. Absolutely brilliant function!
Larry

NE Essex
21 XC40 R-Design B4 Thunder Grey, Climate Pack, Smartphone Integration, Towbar

Felindre

Re: Towbar - so impressed!!!

Post by Felindre » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:15 am

Snap, i tested mine the weekend after i bought it. Our caravan is on the drive so it's easy. But the testing of the lights is a great feature.

I also love the fact it's not painted steel, so you don't have to sand off the ball and have constant rust issues.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

Cornishman

Post by Cornishman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:17 pm

Now that lock down isn't quite so strict in England, we decided to couple up and do a short test tow...

Well, the B4 I can only describe as excellent! plenty of poke, hardly noticed the van was on the back. If anyone else has Milenco mirrors, then make sure you undo all the thumb screws and start lining up from scratch. The pads that grip the wing mirrors need to be able to take quite an angle, but they do clamp tight.
Larry

NE Essex

Felindre

Post by Felindre » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Still too wet to take the cover off ours here in wales :-( , did you mount the mirrors on the top or bottom edge of the door mirrors?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.

Cornishman

Post by Cornishman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:22 pm

Felindre wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm
Still too wet to take the cover off ours here in wales :-( , did you mount the mirrors on the top or bottom edge of the door mirrors?
Top, they're fine... I think the bottom lip is narrower? Mine are the Grand Aeros as well
Larry

NE Essex

Felindre

Post by Felindre » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Took mine out today for a trial run, very pleased. I tried the mirrors mounted on the bottom edge of the door mirrors first, but they were so far down and back i switched to the top and as you say they're just right mounted there.

We encountered some traffic at the end of the A48 (bank holiday so bound to be) and i loved the way the whole outfit came to a stop and followed the traffic stop start by itself. It was very good at creeping, no surging at all. Very relaxing.

Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:23 pm

Well, after Alexander de Pfeffel's announcement, that the road map is proceeding, I'll be hitching up and heading off next week. Seems like years since we were away in the van, (October), just a short run to Ingleton, for 4 nights, then up to Caldbeck for 7/8 nights, best go and press the button, make sure it pops out (ooer missus) 😁😁😁.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

Cornishman

Post by Cornishman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 am

We're off to Suffolk for 3 nights on 19th
Larry

NE Essex