Volvo on Call and the iPhone App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Twin4Me wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:54 am I still think that after paying £400 to extend the warranty I think they might throw it in for free
What’s the relationship between a warranty and use of the app?
Maybe they should also throw in new tyres for the worn ones or screen wash when that runs out 🤷‍♂️
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

m@rk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:56 pm
ropetko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pm BTW, I'm using VOC app on my iPhone a lot, even for checking the outside temperature while I'm at the office :)))
There is also a VOC widget for iPhone available and I've been using it a lot, checking the car status from the main iPhone window. Unfortunately, it stopped working a while ago, displaying "Not Logged In" on the panel. Could that be regarding newest iOS 14 updates and privacy? Also, the VOC app recently displays Sign in panel for a second before it switches to Home.
Anyone else noticed similar behaviour?
I have never found a VOC widget for iPhone. Where did you find it?
In the widgets section, where else? :D
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

ropetko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:12 pm
ropetko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pm BTW, I'm using VOC app on my iPhone a lot, even for checking the outside temperature while I'm at the office :)))
There is also a VOC widget for iPhone available and I've been using it a lot, checking the car status from the main iPhone window. Unfortunately, it stopped working a while ago, displaying "Not Logged In" on the panel. Could that be regarding newest iOS 14 updates and privacy? Also, the VOC app recently displays Sign in panel for a second before it switches to Home.
Anyone else noticed similar behaviour?
Well you would assume so but I am looking there and just not seeing anything at all for VOC hence the question :(

Never mind

Just discovered that the last update to the app broke the widgets and shortcuts functionality which is why it is no longer listed under the widgets options. At least the 3D Touch options still work
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

m@rk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:22 pm
ropetko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Well you would assume so but I am looking there and just not seeing anything at all for VOC hence the question :(

Never mind

Just discovered that the last update to the app broke the widgets and shortcuts functionality which is why it is no longer listed under the widgets options. At least the 3D Touch options still work
There are widgets and you are able to edit them, but you can't do it from the locked screen. You need to unlock your iPhone and then swipe to widgets. At the bottom of the widgets you'll find the Edit button. Note that VOC widget is among "old widgets" and not among those smart fancy ones yo can find at the top of widgets screen ;)
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

ropetko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:46 pm
There are widgets and you are able to edit them, but you can't do it from the locked screen. You need to unlock your iPhone and then swipe to widgets. At the bottom of the widgets you'll find the Edit button. Note that VOC widget is among "old widgets" and not among those smart fancy ones yo can find at the top of widgets screen ;)
Found it :)

Talk about hiding it away where nobody will look

Thanks
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Chris John wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:59 pm
What’s the relationship between a warranty and use of the app?
Maybe they should also throw in new tyres for the worn ones or screen wash when that runs out 🤷‍♂️
Of course not but thanks for the snarky response!

Maybe because it’s a no cost benefit to them that might be good customer service rather than charging for something that gives them a USP for Volvo owners.
First Edition in Red - Love the car but love my Ducati Multistrada more...
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

m@rk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Thanks
Great! Now tell me, do you get any information on that widget? I’ve been “logged off” of that widget for a few weeks now :(
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

ropetko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:50 pm

Thanks
Great! Now tell me, do you get any information on that widget? I’ve been “logged off” of that widget for a few weeks now :(
Did you update VOC to the latest version 4.11.1? Widget works fine on this version.
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:25 pm

Thanks
Did you update VOC to the latest version 4.11.1? Widget works fine on this version.
Thank you for the tip! My apps are auto updated, but VOC obviously didn’t update. It all works fine now, thanks again :)
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

It appear to be working just fine.

Latest version of VOC app running on an iPhone 12 Pro with IOS 14.4.1