Volvo on Call and the iPhone App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

I just had a notification that I need to renew my subscription for Volvo on Call.

The only features I use on the App are Locking the car when it sends me a reminder as I've forgotten, occasionally starting the car remotely on a cold morning and sending a location to the (truly terrible) Sat Nav.

Will these features stop on the App if I don't pay the subscription?
£35 for 1 year or £60 for 2 seems a bit expensive for this limited service?
First Edition in Red - Love the car but love my Ducati Multistrada more...

m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Yes
The iPhone app will be of no use to you if you don't renew the service I'm afraid.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

If you don’t renew, the only item that will still work is the SOS button. You will lose all the other features including remote unlocking, remote start , stolen vehicle tracking, send to car and journey tracking. Not sure if this could effect your insurance as you will lose the tracking.
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Thanks. The tracking wouldn’t affect my insurance.
It’s a shame they don’t roll this in to the warranty renewal as part of that as that has just come up as well!
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Twin4Me wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 am I just had a notification that I need to renew my subscription for Volvo on Call.

The only features I use on the App are Locking the car when it sends me a reminder as I've forgotten, occasionally starting the car remotely on a cold morning and sending a location to the (truly terrible) Sat Nav.

Will these features stop on the App if I don't pay the subscription?
£35 for 1 year or £60 for 2 seems a bit expensive for this limited service?
Hi

I think that £35 for years subscription is an absolute bargain. That’s less than 10 pence a day to have the ability to remote start your car in the depths of winter, heating the seats and both windscreens and heating the steering wheel. Less than 10 pence a day to cool your car down in the summer. Come on man, you should be biting their hand off...
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

I still think that after paying £400 to extend the warranty I think they might throw it in for free
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Twin4Me wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:54 am I still think that after paying £400 to extend the warranty I think they might throw it in for free
On my last Volvo (some years ago) they shipped with a lifetime warranty. The deal was that by getting your car serviced at a main dealer, they would extend your warranty until the next service was due. It added some serious value and of course made paying higher main dealer prices a good idea.

I do agree however that including the VOC subscription to the extended warranty almost feels like a no brainer
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Yes I think you get free roadside recovery if you get it dealer serviced. I know my wife’s Mercedes does.

I have an app for my Ducati which tracks routes (if I want it to) shows fuel level, service dates etc. This is free but Ducati servicing costs a fortune! (£1,000 for the big valve check and replacement belts service)
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

BTW, I'm using VOC app on my iPhone a lot, even for checking the outside temperature while I'm at the office :)))
There is also a VOC widget for iPhone available and I've been using it a lot, checking the car status from the main iPhone window. Unfortunately, it stopped working a while ago, displaying "Not Logged In" on the panel. Could that be regarding newest iOS 14 updates and privacy? Also, the VOC app recently displays Sign in panel for a second before it switches to Home.
Anyone else noticed similar behaviour?
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

ropetko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pm BTW, I'm using VOC app on my iPhone a lot, even for checking the outside temperature while I'm at the office :)))
There is also a VOC widget for iPhone available and I've been using it a lot, checking the car status from the main iPhone window. Unfortunately, it stopped working a while ago, displaying "Not Logged In" on the panel. Could that be regarding newest iOS 14 updates and privacy? Also, the VOC app recently displays Sign in panel for a second before it switches to Home.
Anyone else noticed similar behaviour?
I have never found a VOC widget for iPhone. Where did you find it?