SIM Card for onboard modem

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

According by this CNET review in the us market it's a 4g modem, would have thought they'd mirror that in other markets

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019 ... l-economy/
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October

Hardleysecure

Post by Hardleysecure »

Thanks Shaenei - I will get a SIM then - I agree with you that it would be odd to fit a 3G modem for UK markets - once it’s in and working I will do a speed test and add a report on this thread - are people on here joining the XC40 Facebook Group ?
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Hardleysecure wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:35 pm Thanks Shaenei - I will get a SIM then - I agree with you that it would be odd to fit a 3G modem for UK markets - once it’s in and working I will do a speed test and add a report on this thread - are people on here joining the XC40 Facebook Group ?
Facebook .... Boo!! :D
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

I won't be as I deleted my Facebook months ago
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Stockholmsyndrome

Post by Stockholmsyndrome »

Anybody know what the ongoing monthly data costs through Volvo are in the UK?
Gre

Post by Gre »

I’m not sure if this had previously happened to anyone, but after the first service at the dealer I have lost internet connection from the car modem using a SIM card. I’m able to connect through my phone personal hotspot only. I have tried to change profile but nothing helped. I have tried the SIM card on a phone and it works.
I can see the signal bars on sensus along with a sign that I cannot understand what does it mean.
Dealer couldn’t find any solution for what had happened. Anyone had this issue or have a possible solution.
Thanks
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
Gre

Post by Gre »

Found a solution on another forum and it actually worked. Apparently there is a problem with the sensus update for November ( the latest software update). To fix this problem need to go to APN settings and deleting and retype it along with the username and password. After that internet from the modem is working again. Unfortunately there is no permenant fix that is currently available, You have to rest the APN settings every time the car is restarted. Hope Volvo will resolve this software issue soon... apparently all VCM updates after November will be affected by this :evil:
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I’ve had the November update, and don’t have this problem. I wonder if the dealer can reinstall it and maybe lose the bug in the process?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Gre

Post by Gre »

I’ve been told they have done it with no success. The dealer contacted Volvo headquarters and are waiting for an answer. It was hard enough to try to explain the problem to the dealer here... Anyway I don’t believe there is a defenative answer as a lot of people are having the same problem like myself according to other forums I had read. Guess you are one of the lucky ones...👍
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

hdasmith wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 am I’ve had the November update, and don’t have this problem. I wonder if the dealer can reinstall it and maybe lose the bug in the process?
Same here. Software was updated a couple of weeks ago, modem/sim working fine. Could it be anything to do with which mobile network you are are using ?
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.