VOC Remote start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

My 2020 XC40 has just had its first service on Friday. All settings even radio pre sets wiped by a new software update. Dealer told me this is the norm (which I can accept)
MAIN ISSUE! since this software update my VOC Remote start will not work after 5/10 mins, maps, locator & stats all OK. Its like the cars modem shuts down.
I've phoned the dealer this morning to asked if it's because my data sim has run out over the weekends? They said no, the data sim is nothing to do with VOC and this function. This is a know software problem which is being worked on by Volvo. The person I spoke to at Rybrooks Preston was knowledgeable and helpful. She said there was a chance it could be resolved through future app updates or possibly need to go in for a "system update" to the car once a solution is found. Anyone else having the same issue? I only wanted a bloody oil change and the service book stamping. :oops:

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Did I read somewhere previously that if there is a PSIM installed then VOC will use that in preference over the Volvo installed one? That might explain your issue as it is detecting a Psim but can't connect through it
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Mark123 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 pm My 2020 XC40 has just had its first service on Friday. All settings even radio pre sets wiped by a new software update. Dealer told me this is the norm (which I can accept)
That’s definitely not the norm! I had multiple system software updates and every time all my personal settings were preserved. The problem is most probably linked to the bugs in the update...
Deleted User 2446

Thanks blastpipe, pardon my ignorance whats a PSIM.
If you are talking about the 12 month Volvo supplied Vodafone sim. I've removed it.
Thanks for any help or advice.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Yes, the issue could be solved by turning off the car internet modem. Just removing the SIM is not enough, you have to turn the modem off in your Settings. But if that doesn’t solve the problem, than it’s the software update bug that the dealer was mentioning. I believe PSIM stands for Personal SIM
Deleted User 2446

Hi eugen, yes i did turn off the modem in the settings, but thankyou for your help. This must be software related. Hopefully its a quick software fix in the coming weeks. I'm sure there will be many unhappy users if they have the update I've got.
Terms and Condiments

Post by Terms and Condiments »

What do you mean that the remote start doesn't work after 10/15 mins. 10/15 mins of what?
Deleted User 2446

Hi, after the car has being run, I can remote start it via my IPhone up to around 10 minutes after locking the car. When I try to remote start after 10 minutes or so, remote start says "its starting my car" but it won't work. Hope that helps clarify. Any help is appreciated. I do think its a software bug after my service and updates. I simply put this post up to see if others have the same problem since recent updates to the cars software by their dealers.
Terms and Condiments

Post by Terms and Condiments »

Mark123 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:17 pm Hi, after the car has being run, I can remote start it via my IPhone up to around 10 minutes after locking the car. When I try to remote start after 10 minutes or so, remote start says "its starting my car" but it won't work. Hope that helps clarify. Any help is appreciated. I do think its a software bug after my service and updates. I simply put this post up to see if others have the same problem since recent updates to the cars software by their dealers.
I realise it's no help but in what circumstance are you wanting to remote start your car after running it. Presumably the engine is warm and perhaps the car's interior is as well.

What about say for instance the morning after when the car is cold, does it start ok then? What about fuel, do you have at least 8 litres of fuel?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi. I too am having remote start issues. I’ve NOT had a recent software update but HAVE changed my p-sim to the 3 network due to the Vodafone free p-sim expiring. I know a few of you on this thread have contributed to my issues on a different thread, so thank you. I’ve not tried the remote start after I’ve run the car on a normal start. But, I have tried the remote start when driven to another place. The 3 network coverage map shows good coverage in my area - Just!!
In my case, more research and testing is needed but it can’t be a coincidence that my remote start has worked flawlessly from September 2019 all the way through to late February 2021 on the Vodafone p-sim but upon fitting the 3 network P-sim renders it useless (at least outside my house).
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.