front seat covers

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
melvinharford

Post by melvinharford »

thinking of purchasing some front seat covers,anyone done this and could reccomend some decent ones.
dont want to pay to much but dont want cheap ones that dont fit,would rather pay extra for the right ones
regards melvin

morganj

Post by morganj »

Would be careful with seat covers due to the side airbags in the seats. Don’t want to impair their function.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Ultimate Tear

Post by Ultimate Tear »

Personally I wouldn't spoil the looks of the interior by using covers. Unless they're those gorgeous wooden beaded ones 🙂.

If you're determined then the car's manual says:

"Volvo recommends the use only of car seat covers approved by Volvo. Other seat covers may impede the operation of the side airbags".
papalimafoxtrot

Post by papalimafoxtrot »

Depends what you use them for. I use cheap covers to protect seats from sunlight damage on sunny days while car is parked- not for driving
Terms Agreed

Post by Terms Agreed »

papalimafoxtrot wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:19 pm Depends what you use them for. I use cheap covers to protect seats from sunlight damage on sunny days while car is parked- not for driving
What if the covers fade, do you have covers for them as well 🙂
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Spend £40k plus on a car and put seat covers on 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’ve never heard of car seats fading in the sun.......
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

When I used to work on a building site, I had seat covers on all my cars. Always felt a bit miffed, when I was changing the car, and removed the covers, that I hadn't had the "pleasure" of the cars proper seats. But it's a shame to ruin them if you are doing dirty, grubby work.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Ultimate Tear

Post by Ultimate Tear »

I feel the same way over any kind of protection on products.

Why buy an expensive camera lens then cover up the front with a protective filter.
Why buy an expensive smartphone then cover it with a plastic case and a thick piece of "cling film" on the front.
Why buy a set of car leather seats then....

I once worked with a man who bought new car each year and insisted that the dealers left on all the various pieces of protective tape and plastic covering for the seat and door panels - he would then drive the car for a year or more with all these bits of plastic protecting the interior, then sell the car and start all over again.

My mother-in-law would buy furniture, notably a dining set of table and chairs, and leave all the plastic protection on, so's not to dirty the chair seats.

Live in the moment, things are meant to be used!
melvinharford

Post by melvinharford »

thanks for all the replies,
decided not to bother now but one of the reasons i was thinking is that i intend this to be my last car so by covering up for a few years take them off and end up with new seats basically,plus i have a four year old grandaughter who likes to climb about in the car but i dont have the heart to tell her not to,but hopefully better weather coming soon so will keep cleaner easier
Hadlo

Post by Hadlo »

As I sometime have dirty work clothes when driving I keep long bistro style aprons behind my cars seats. If needed I simply hook them over the head rests and let them drape over the seat before sitting on them. It does not prevent airbag activation, can easily be removed or simply turned to the back of the seat as required. They are cheap and are easily washed if/when required and lots of colours available to match the interior of your car. :)