Getting excited...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Kuga emptied, in readiness for XC40 collection tomorrow! :o :o :o

morganj

Post by morganj »

Exciting times :)

BTW "Cornishman" A wodhes'ta kewsel Kernewek?

Are you also a real Cornishman? I was born on Tresco (well on the way to Truro really due to Tresco not having a hospital)
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Deleted User 3359

Didn't learn the language at school like they do now, but deffo proper Cornish, born at Porthcurno, family traced back to 1328 in St Just-in-Penwith parish... I'm one of those who moved East as a missionary to educate the English... 50 years later, I can only say I've failed! Love Scilly having visited by sailing boat three or four times...
morganj

Post by morganj »

Cornishman wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:04 pm Didn't learn the language at school like they do now, but deffo proper Cornish, born at Porthcurno, family traced back to 1328 in St Just-in-Penwith parish... I'm one of those who moved East as a missionary to educate the English... 50 years later, I can only say I've failed! Love Scilly having visited by sailing boat three or four times...
In that case you have likely been to Scilly more than I have (as an adult) although I did feel that I had ordered my car from a Cornish dealer when I ordered in Finland, I ordered in Jan 3 2020 and received the car July 2020, felt like every time I asked for a delivery date all Ii got was "you will get it dreckly" :)

Anyway, hop you enjoy your new car, had mine as mentioned from July 2020 and have 15k KM on her now, one of the best cars I have ever owned (including Mistu's, Audi's and Porche's) Overall very happy.

Nos da!
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Deleted User 3359

Well, I've got it! Unbelievable how refined the car is... Impressed with Sensus (compared with Ford Sync 3 and Renault Nav system) especially having applied the 1336 maps update (50+GB one) and it being as slick as anything.

Hope the fuel consumption will improve a bit (indicated 38.1mpg)...
Ultimate Tear

Post by Ultimate Tear »

I have had a T4 R Design for 2 years and would say 38 is as good as it gets.

I've averaged 32 in all types of driving.

42 is the best - long distance, motorway, consistent speed.

Small journeys, which I should walk really, I get between 10 and 15.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Cornishman wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:34 pm Well, I've got it! Unbelievable how refined the car is... Impressed with Sensus (compared with Ford Sync 3 and Renault Nav system) especially having applied the 1336 maps update (50+GB one) and it being as slick as anything.

Congratulations, glad you're happy with it. 38? I can barely get 31. There again where i live there are hills everywhere!
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3359

Felindre wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:54 pm
Cornishman wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:34 pm Well, I've got it! Unbelievable how refined the car is... Impressed with Sensus (compared with Ford Sync 3 and Renault Nav system) especially having applied the 1336 maps update (50+GB one) and it being as slick as anything.

Congratulations, glad you're happy with it. 38? I can barely get 31. There again where i live there are hills everywhere!
But surely the hills go down as well as up? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Cornishman wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:45 am
Felindre wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:54 pm

But surely the hills go down as well as up? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You would think it evens out... Main route west out of the valley is very long and steep. That so soon after starting takes a lot of economical driving to catch up.

I have found, maybe after the diesel or maybe a different throttle performance, but a couple of times i've gone to pull away and shot off like a bat out of hell. Need to get used to that.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3359

Felindre wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:27 am
I have found, maybe after the diesel or maybe a different throttle performance, but a couple of times i've gone to pull away and shot off like a bat out of hell. Need to get used to that.
Ho yes! Certainly found that "interesting", the smooth take off with Auto Hold is deffo an art... I started to develop a tickle the throttle (to release Auto Hold) then more gas...

The Brake-by-wire takes getting used to, with the dynamic braking feeling quite effective, but the next squeeze on the pedal is then less effective, and I've finished up with a couple of "interesting" approaches to roundabouts...

LOVING the car though