Climate control

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
PapaLazarou

Post by PapaLazarou »

Via the volvo on call app it keeps saying that there is an issue with parking climate. When I look at the driver display there is a large "I". Is there something I have to do other than register with volvo on call and input pin to make parking climate work?

Atlantic Lipsalve

Post by Atlantic Lipsalve »

If you want a considered answer you really need to supply more information.

Do you have parking climate heater installed in the car for a starter.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Depending on where you're located your parking climate could be a heater, or just the cars standard climate system equalising temperature between the cabin and outside. If the temperature isn't a wide enough variance, then it doesn't have anything to do and (on mine at least) more often than not tells me "Parking climate has encountered a fault"

If you want to heat the cabin, but you don't have a parking heater, you'll need to use remote start and have your climate set to come on with the ignition.
Ultimate Tear

Post by Ultimate Tear »

The remote start, for the 15 minute maximum time, together with the normal car's heating system is inconsequential. On a cold morning it raises internal temperature by a few degrees at most. As an example if the morning is cold, say 5 Deg C, then the remote start will enable the temperature to rise to a heady 6, perhaps 7, degrees at most. Now if you have heated seats and/or steering wheel then that's a different story, the car then will appear warm because you will be sat on a nice warm seat clutching a heated wheel.

To get true parking climate to heat the car you really do need the separate parking climate heater. This is supplied in certain countries, but not in the UK.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Sorry, Primate Fear. I left the word 'system' from climate. MIne is set for the heated seats to come on and get them past the initial warming up period before I get in. Makes all the difference, just really wish I'd gone for the heated steering wheel as well!
PapaLazarou

Post by PapaLazarou »

Surprised this doesn't come as standard on a brand new XC40. Whats the point of registering with VOC if they only give you limited functionality!