Media Playback

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
PapaLazarou

Post by PapaLazarou »

Hi folks. Ive just taken delivery of a 2021 XC40. First time ive owned a volvo and i must say im loving it already. Only thing i have a problem with is connecting my phone and my families phones for music playback. The phones are connected via bluetooth easily and i can make and receive calls. My contacts are available. When i play music it isn't through the phone indicating that it should be able to be heard through the speakers in car but nothing. I have made sure that i have the bluetooth volume is 100% on the phone also. Spotify in the car isn't connecting either. I assumed it would work with my mobile device. Does anyone have any ideas or links to videos/websites to help? Im sure its something simple and im not technically illiterate but im stumped!

Thanks in advance.

Kimball Kinnison

Post by Kimball Kinnison »

A few questions:

In the Bluetooth settings on your phone have you ticked the media playback checkbox?

Do you mean the Spotify Volvo app?

Do you have the car using your phone's Internet access or have you installed a data SIM in the car's boot?
PapaLazarou

Post by PapaLazarou »

For some reason the media playback is being rejected form my mobile phone. I have Huawei but my kids also have iPhone. Yes the Spotify app on the volvo is what I mean. I think I have the car using my phones Internet access.
Kimball Kinnison

Post by Kimball Kinnison »

This is the screenshot from my mobile phone (Android not iPhone), as you can see I have the media option active and I have no problem playing music from the phone over the Volvo system.

Screenshot_20210309-160731.png

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Volvo Spotify should be connected to the internet either via data SIM in the car or via some mobile phone's bluetooth connection or it's WiFi. Once the Spotify is registered and online, you can use the Spotify app on the phone to play the content on Spotify for Volvo. For example, that's the only way you can play Spotify podcasts in your Volvo, using Sensus controls.
Using Bluetooth lowers the sound quality so use Spotify or Android Auto/Apple CarPlay whenever you can. Unfortunately, you can use it via front panel USB port only since it doesn't support the CarPlay via WiFi (yet).
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018