Unable to Navigate to Address Using iPhone Contact

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
blaster

Post by blaster »

hi

New to the forum and the XC40 so please be gentle with me!

Took delivery of our XC40 T4 Recharge Inscription in denim blue a couple of days ago, and just trying to familiarise myself with the features of the car and the Infotainment system.

One issue I came across this morning, and was wondering if I am doing something silly, or if it is really a problem.

I've connected my iPhone XR to the car and my contacts have all downloaded OK, I then wanted to test navigating to a contact, so I went into the phone option on the car, selected a contact, and then the navigate button. The display took me to the search option of the Navigation panel (where you would lookup addresses) , and the search field was prefilled with the contact's address but it looked like it was backwards and hence the address was not found.

Anyone else come across the issue, and is therer a way around it?

thanks

Keith

Phil Ately

Post by Phil Ately »

The only way I've ever got this method to work is to remove the postcode from the address.
The system spins its disk and eventually fills in the contact address in the box, then proceeds to spin the disc again before it finds said address.
It never finds it when the postcode is there, it always finds it when the postcode is removed.

Not having a postcode against my contacts is an inconvenience to me so I keep them in and don't use this method of navigation.

I put the contacts I navigate actually into the Volvo system and select them that way rather than the inconvenient labourious method of phone contacts.

The car's manual also says don't use abreviations, so Avenue rather than Ave.
blaster

Post by blaster »

Thanks for that Phil, as you say removing the postcode from your iPhone Contacts isn't a great solution.

At least I'm not missing anything obvious, which was my worry!
JohnE

Post by JohnE »

I've never been able to navigate to any of my iPhone contacts until today.
It seems as though the address stored in your iPhone needs to be identical to the one listed in "wego.here.com" (as recommended by "https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/to ... l-commands") rather than google maps.
I've changed a few of my contacts to match and now they can all be navigated to.
XC40 B4 Inscription, Onyx Black, Climate pack
Ordered 9th November 2020
Delivered 11th January 2021