Snow setting for Geartronic XC40 B4 2021

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
decw22

Post by decw22 »

Hi

I've just seen a post on 'U Tube' were the guy could set his Geartronic auto box on a 2007 Volvo v70 to some kind of 'snow mode' to get out of a fix, i.e. for deep snow or mud. He did this by selecting 3rd gear in manual and setting off slowly, apparently this set the vehicle into a different auto ratio! The instructions for this were in the handbook, I checked my handbook (XC40) but there is no mention of any snow mode or lower ratio except 'Launch Control', need to try that sometime!

Any ideas!! I remember older cars having snow mode and my mates new Jag still has a snow setting.

PS Volvo says "fit snow tyres"

Discuss

Dave
Last edited by decw22 on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qarx

Post by Qarx »

I have 2007 XC90 which has snow mode. In my XC40, I have fitted snow tires, since they are mandatory where I am from, and had no problems on snow in comfort driving mode. Closest you can get to snow mode is offroad driving mode. I have tried that once, it does make a difference, and it could be useful getting up a steep hill, but for snow driving, winter tires and comfort driving mode is all you need.

My XC40 is FWD by the way.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Tyres tyres tyres.. Get a decent set of winter tyres first... Or all season of in most of UK.

There is no snow mode in the XC40. Off road mode is not for use on roads it says in the owners handbook and as discussed previously on similar threads. I believe eco mode represents a good mode for use on snow and slippery stuff It dampens throttle response and keeps the revs low but a high gear.

I use individual mode which I've set as eco mode but with enhanced air con.

I have all season tyres fitted.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019