MY22?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

'Multi-directional Lumbar Support' no longer on the Momentum - you have to move up to the R-design or Inscription to get this desirable feature.

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

WelshRobin wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:55 pm 'Multi-directional Lumbar Support' no longer on the Momentum - you have to move up to the R-design or Inscription to get this desirable feature.
Or add the Seat pack

I quite like some of the changes because you can add more stuff to the Momentum and non-Pro versions whilst avoiding e.g. 20-inch wheels etc.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

In some European markets, sports chassis in no longer standard for R-design. The stiffer suspension becomes optional equipment.
White

Post by White »

Having read the numerous articles on which MY customers have ordered/received, concern as to which features each model will have as standard, and the ever lengthening list of options and alternatives available, is the ordering process becoming too complex. I think it would be bad enough ordering a new vehicle through a dealer and to think of ordering on line as seems to be likely in future would fill me with apprehension. I now think I was lucky to have bought an "off the peg" new vehicle which the dealer had in stock and I knew exactly what I was getting. Possibly purchasing a used model would be safest in future.
Volvo XC40, T4, R-Design Pro, AWD, Automatic, Thunder Cloud Grey
Asseen Ontv

Post by Asseen Ontv »

White wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:26 pm Having read the numerous articles on which MY customers have ordered/received, concern as to which features each model will have as standard, and the ever lengthening list of options and alternatives available, is the ordering process becoming too complex. I think it would be bad enough ordering a new vehicle through a dealer and to think of ordering on line as seems to be likely in future would fill me with apprehension. I now think I was lucky to have bought an "off the peg" new vehicle which the dealer had in stock and I knew exactly what I was getting. Possibly purchasing a used model would be safest in future.

Surely when you order at a dealer or online you specify what you want. That's what my experience showed.

I received a printed document detailing the model, model name, engine size etc.

It came with a detailed list of standard and non-standard items that I'd ordered and paid for.

When the car arrived the contractural list matched the car that I was presented with.

There's a perceived problem here that isn't really a problem.

BTW I've ordered cars both from a dealer and direct, using websites, for over 20 years. Internet ordering isn't exactly a new thing.
backtobase

Post by backtobase »

Rollo wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:26 pm Probably better to put your money in the mechanicals rather than software and frippery.
Thanks, Rollo. Yes, good shout.

Think I might go down the used car route instead of buying new for now.
MY21 B4 R Design Onyx Black
asb

Post by asb »

XC40 my22 does not bring fog lights on any equipment line? Only with the extra Lightning?
backtobase

Post by backtobase »

asb wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:40 pm XC40 my22 does not bring fog lights on any equipment line? Only with the extra Lightning?
Looks that way. For example, fog lamps were standard on any version of R Design trim in MY21, but now are part of the Lighting pack for MY22 (not sure if they are an option on their own). You can see their removal in the promo photos shown when configuring an XC40.
MY21 B4 R Design Onyx Black
asb

Post by asb »

Good thing I went in time for MY21, at least that's what the seller said.
It doesn't make any sense the car has the space for the fog lights and having to pay + 700 € to have them.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

It makes sense in the context of the lighting pack.

Before the change people needed to get the Pro model in order to get the active headlights. This meant you might have to pay for things you didn't want and even have features you disliked such as the largest wheels.

Now however you can simply add the lighting pack to whatever spec you want to get the active headlights. In order to make the pack more attractive they've grouped several lighting features together, including the fog lights which tbh are pretty low down on most people's requirements as a standalone item.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel