MY22?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
WelshRobin

Re: MY22?

Post by WelshRobin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:55 pm

'Multi-directional Lumbar Support' no longer on the Momentum - you have to move up to the R-design or Inscription to get this desirable feature.

jamie307

Post by jamie307 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:15 pm

WelshRobin wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:55 pm
'Multi-directional Lumbar Support' no longer on the Momentum - you have to move up to the R-design or Inscription to get this desirable feature.
Or add the Seat pack

I quite like some of the changes because you can add more stuff to the Momentum and non-Pro versions whilst avoiding e.g. 20-inch wheels etc.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

eugen61

Post by eugen61 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:34 pm

In some European markets, sports chassis in no longer standard for R-design. The stiffer suspension becomes optional equipment.

White

Post by White » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:26 pm

Having read the numerous articles on which MY customers have ordered/received, concern as to which features each model will have as standard, and the ever lengthening list of options and alternatives available, is the ordering process becoming too complex. I think it would be bad enough ordering a new vehicle through a dealer and to think of ordering on line as seems to be likely in future would fill me with apprehension. I now think I was lucky to have bought an "off the peg" new vehicle which the dealer had in stock and I knew exactly what I was getting. Possibly purchasing a used model would be safest in future.
Volvo XC40, T4, R-Design Pro, AWD, Automatic, Thunder Cloud Grey

Asseen Ontv

Post by Asseen Ontv » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:09 pm

White wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:26 pm
Having read the numerous articles on which MY customers have ordered/received, concern as to which features each model will have as standard, and the ever lengthening list of options and alternatives available, is the ordering process becoming too complex. I think it would be bad enough ordering a new vehicle through a dealer and to think of ordering on line as seems to be likely in future would fill me with apprehension. I now think I was lucky to have bought an "off the peg" new vehicle which the dealer had in stock and I knew exactly what I was getting. Possibly purchasing a used model would be safest in future.

Surely when you order at a dealer or online you specify what you want. That's what my experience showed.

I received a printed document detailing the model, model name, engine size etc.

It came with a detailed list of standard and non-standard items that I'd ordered and paid for.

When the car arrived the contractural list matched the car that I was presented with.

There's a perceived problem here that isn't really a problem.

BTW I've ordered cars both from a dealer and direct, using websites, for over 20 years. Internet ordering isn't exactly a new thing.

backtobase

Post by backtobase » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:00 pm

Rollo wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:26 pm
Probably better to put your money in the mechanicals rather than software and frippery.
Thanks, Rollo. Yes, good shout.

Think I might go down the used car route instead of buying new for now.