Apple CarPlay - intermittent ??

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Stryczek

Post by Stryczek »

Hi all,

Just picked up our 69 plate XC40 T5, first ever Volvo and love it.

However, can anyone help me as the dealership has given up!

Apple CarPlay only works for a short period of time, sometimes 10’s of mins, sometimes just seconds, and then just drops out.

It’s basically working intermittently.

I have a iPhone XR, latest software update, even bought a genuine Apple charging lead, but still no luck, it basically comes on, I can use the apps and google maps etc, and then drops out.

Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Stryczek wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:24 pm Hi all,

Apple CarPlay only works for a short period of time, sometimes 10’s of mins, sometimes just seconds, and then just drops out.

I have a iPhone XR, latest software update, even bought a genuine Apple charging lead, but still no luck, it basically comes on, I can use the apps and google maps etc, and then drops out.

Thanks

Jon
Congratulations on your new car. I think your letting the dealership off too lightly. Go back and get them to sort it or tell them you will get it sorted at their expense. This may involve taking it to an auto electrician. They can’t just sell you a product and give up on you.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Stryczek wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:24 pm Apple CarPlay only works for a short period of time, sometimes 10’s of mins, sometimes just seconds, and then just drops out.
Did you try CarPlay with another iPhone to pin down if it’s a software issue with your car or your phone? It could also be a hardware issue related to the USB port on the car or the phone.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Stryczek wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:24 pm Hi all,

Thanks

Jon
If it was sat nav or wipers that the dealer couldn’t fix would you let them give up......no I didn’t think so
You need to insist they fix it or you will be rejecting the car.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Stryczek

Post by Stryczek »

Hi all,

Thanks and good points well made, I will pressure the dealer a bit more, I did try a second phone, with same results, I paid 32k for the car, cash, and extra for Apple car play so I think you guys are correct, they need to sort it.

Thanks again all, much appreciated