BLIS with steer assist!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

BLIS with steer assist saved me today! I was on the phone (bluetooth) and wanted to change lanes to the right, and probably because I was distracted by the conversation, I didn't notice the BLIS warning light on the side mirror. As soon as I started moving to the right, the car immediately steered itself back to my lane! Imagine my horror when I saw the BMW 5 series - which was completely in my blind spot - pass me angrily. I would certainly hit that car if my beloved Volvo weren't this careful! I only wish that the system would work at lower speeds..

Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

It's good that BLIS saved you, but you may wish to delete your post as you have just publicly confessed to the offence of Driving Without Due Care and Attention...
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Where I live, having a phone conversation over bluetooth is not illegal. I haven't done anything that could be described as "Driving Without Due Care and Attention". I checked my mirrors, looked back over my shoulder, but couldn't see anything. Gave my signal and, thinking that the lane was empty, I started moving to the right. The car on my right was speeding on the slow lane (I live in a right-hand drive country) and it was one of those unfortunate moments when the other car gets completely lost in your blind spot.
Cathy967

Post by Cathy967 »

Distracted by the conversation

Didn't notice

In my blindspot

I think I'd delete the post.

If you'd caused a collision nothing of what you say would stand up in court. It's up to you to drive safely not to rely on auto-systems and an "I didn't see him, honestly" attitude.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Give it a rest people and let’s just be thankful that the car possibly saved an accident
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

people wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:47 pm
Chris John wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:37 pm Give it a rest people and let’s just be thankful that the car possibly saved an accident

I agree, but why blame me? I didn't post anything.

😂😂😂👍
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Cathy967 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:52 pm Distracted by the conversation

Didn't notice

In my blindspot

I think I'd delete the post.

If you'd caused a collision nothing of what you say would stand up in court. It's up to you to drive safely not to rely on auto-systems and an "I didn't see him, honestly" attitude.
I did 35 in a 30 today. I’m not taking this post down. If the feds come knocking, they ain’t taking me alive...
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Tonyd259

Post by Tonyd259 »

Good god Dermottdog, did you learn nothing from Waco 😱
michael123

Post by michael123 »

Boxybutgood wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:52 pm It's good that BLIS saved you, but you may wish to delete your post as you have just publicly confessed to the offence of Driving Without Due Care and Attention...

What???!!!

BLIS is a good function

What I can't say about collision prevention, which is doing just the opposite. Instead of preventive actions, just making things worse.