Remote Start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
MancVolvo

Post by MancVolvo »

Hi,
Newbie here. I got my first Volvo XC40 in December and wondered if someone could give me advice. To cut a long story short I can't seem to get Remote Start to work from On Call App. I put in pin no. but it isn't recognised. I've had the pin changed and reinstalled the app but it still doesn't recognise pin?
Dealer no help whatsoever.
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
MancVolvo

Post by MancVolvo »

Fantastic! Thanks very much balmoral. I can now use the app :)
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Great to see forum members helping each other.
@MancVolvo, Enjoy using the remote start. I’m getting a lot of use out of it at the moment.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

Can you guys explain or suggest when to use Parking Climate vs. Remote Start, especially in the winter time?
I don't have that many days with temp below 0℃ here by the Adriatic Sea, but would still know the best use for those features. Thank you very much in advance for any suggestion!
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

ropetko wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:15 pm Can you guys explain or suggest when to use Parking Climate vs. Remote Start, especially in the winter time?
I don't have that many days with temp below 0℃ here by the Adriatic Sea, but would still know the best use for those features. Thank you very much in advance for any suggestion!
I’m in the UK and so here we do not have the parking heater. Therefore Parking Climate/Pre-conditioning is no use that I can make out.
Here, Remote Start is of more use as it will begin to “acclimatise” the car. I’m still learning myself but it’s worth noting that the car’s engine will need to run for a while before it can start to heat the car and I think I’ve read that the aircon temperature will need to be set before you leave the car on your last journey. That makes sense to me.

I’d check with your dealer to find out if you have the ‘Parking Heater’ in the first instance and perhaps play with it. That’s what I’m doing to be honest.

Below is a link to the owners manual page on Pre-conditioning
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ma ... nditioning
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I'm in UK and have related query this week, remote start works fine but it always turns off my A/C and heating so although the car engine is warmed up nicely the car isn't! Am I doing something wrong? I set the temperature to what I want before I turn off.
JVT

Post by JVT »

You'll find that running the engine for a max of 15 minutes will do very little to raising the inside temperature of the car, especially with the current sub-zero morning temperature here in the UK. How could it?

The air temp out the ducts may rise to the set temp, say 23C, after a good run but not the overall temp of the inside. And certainly not sitting on the drive for a 15 min idle.

It's good for activating the heated screen, wheel, seats, mirrors though. But the overall temperature within the car, not a chance.

See this post where someone has actually done some investigation.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2513&p=22088&hilit=Sensor#p22088
hammo

Post by hammo »

Hi Everyone.

I have a related issue I am encountering Parking Climate.

I thought the idea behind the parking climate was that the car could start the engine as early as it needed to, allowing it to achieve the preset temperature on a (timed) journey start time. That said, my Parking Climate functionality is very intermittent, it used to work when the car was new, but I am not so sure these days.

Has anyone else had this problem?
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

JVT I am sure you are right and I remember the other post but it doesn't help that heating switches off and so no benefit at all. I don't have heated seats or wheel. Today I went out and manually started and after 15 minutes it wasn't warm but a darn site warmer than the 15 minutes on remote start with heating turned off plus at least it was blasting warm air when I got in to car and not the cold air of yesterday. Is there a way of remote staring and having heating on - that's my question.