Remote Start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Iggy I am sure you are right and your copy explains heated seats which I don't have but I still cant find how to get climate/AC/heating to come on with remote start. If you can find it I would be eternally grateful!

frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Iggy6543 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:40 am Copy/Paste from the manual:

"Activating and deactivating automatic start of heated front seat.

The seats can be heated in order to increase comfort for driver and passengers when it is cold.

It is possible to set whether automatic start of heated seats should be activated/deactivated when the engine is started. With automatic start activated, heating will start in the event of low ambient temperature.

Press Settings in the top view in the centre display.

Press Climate.

Select Auto Driver Seat Heating Level and Auto Passenger Seat Heating Level to activate/deactivate automatic start of heated driver's and passenger seat.

An "A" is shown at each button for heated front seats in the climate row when automatic starting has been activated.

Select Low, Medium or High to select level after the function has been activated".

It's all in there; just needs reading πŸ™‚
Copy/paste from my post:

"The seat heating stops when reaching climate comfort in the passenger compartment."

I don't see this in what you just pasted. So, indeed, just needs reading :)
Iggy6543

Post by Iggy6543 »

frtsrm wrote: ↑Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 pm
Iggy6543 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:40 am Copy/Paste from the manual:

"Activating and deactivating automatic start of heated front seat.

The seats can be heated in order to increase comfort for driver and passengers when it is cold.

It is possible to set whether automatic start of heated seats should be activated/deactivated when the engine is started. With automatic start activated, heating will start in the event of low ambient temperature.

Press Settings in the top view in the centre display.

Press Climate.

Select Auto Driver Seat Heating Level and Auto Passenger Seat Heating Level to activate/deactivate automatic start of heated driver's and passenger seat.

An "A" is shown at each button for heated front seats in the climate row when automatic starting has been activated.

Select Low, Medium or High to select level after the function has been activated".

It's all in there; just needs reading πŸ™‚
Copy/paste from my post:

"The seat heating stops when reaching climate comfort in the passenger compartment."

I don't see this in what you just pasted. So, indeed, just needs reading :)
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was responding to DrAdrian's post where he was asking how to activate the heated seats. I hadn't read your posting at the time of response.

I can see that you do know how to set the controls.
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

[/quote]

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was responding to DrAdrian's post where he was asking how to activate the heated seats. I hadn't read your posting at the time of response.

I can see that you do know how to set the controls.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, Iggy6543, I appreciate it.