Smart phone integration

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
iknowgungfu

Post by iknowgungfu »

Just picked my car up today -nearly new. Very happy with it so far.

However, as part of the purchase I asked that they add the smartphone integration. They said that was fine and I paid £300 separate to the deal I made.

When I look on the screen both Carplay and Android auto are greyed out even though the correct phone are attached via USB. Android auto installed on my phone too.

Then, when perusing the manual it states it will not work if only one USB which is the setup in my car.

I have an R Design Pro and they made no mention of this during the purchase. Have they charged me for something which is incompatible? I find it odd that a high trim car is incapable of this. Or - should the USB panel have also been changed as part of the install?

Thanks in advance. Going to ring them tomorrow.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

The official retrofit kit from volvo I've seen fitted includes the second white USB socket being added.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
iknowgungfu

Post by iknowgungfu »

Cheers. I wonder if that should be included in the £300 I paid to add it to the car.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Yes it should.
iknowgungfu

Post by iknowgungfu »

Thanks. That is pretty annoying as I presume I am now going to have to take it back to get it sorted. Nearly an hour's drive away.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I'm sure if you do a search on the forum someone has previously shown in detail what components get fitted as part of this... I reckon they have only done the software and not the hardware element.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Phone them first. That way they can get the part ordered and in ready for when you do have to go back.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

iknowgungfu wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:48 pm Just picked my car up today -nearly new. Very happy with it so far.

However, as part of the purchase I asked that they add the smartphone integration. They said that was fine and I paid £300 separate to the deal I made.

When I look on the screen both Carplay and Android auto are greyed out even though the correct phone are attached via USB. Android auto installed on my phone too.

Then, when perusing the manual it states it will not work if only one USB which is the setup in my car.

I have an R Design Pro and they made no mention of this during the purchase. Have they charged me for something which is incompatible? I find it odd that a high trim car is incapable of this. Or - should the USB panel have also been changed as part of the install?

Thanks in advance. Going to ring them tomorrow.

All of the above is right. The integration requires an extra data port. See link for dealer instructions.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us ... /XC40/2018
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=165&p=771&hilit=White+usb#p771

Just found this ancient post. All confirms that the second USB needs to be added.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o