Retrofitting things to used XC40

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
iknowgungfu

Post by iknowgungfu »

Hi all,

Another day another question :P

Does anyone know what is possible to retrofit to used xc40s in terms of features. Obviously a sunroof and 360 camera would not be an option! However, if there are rear parking sensors can front ones be added?

Presume things like adaptive cruise control can't be retrofitted but would appreciate if anyone can offer advice on potentials. Helps with considering which model to aim for.

Front sensors (not camera) would be the thing which I would be most likely to add if it was even possible followed by Adaptive Cruise Control. Mainly looking at R design Pros at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

iknowgungfu

Post by iknowgungfu »

Sorry..double post.
Split Infinitive

Post by Split Infinitive »

The rear camera can, 'cause I did it.

The sunglasses holder, in place of the driver's grab handle can, 'cause I did it.

Mudflaps can be fitted. Don't buy the Volvo ones though. 3rd party ones can be bought which are much, much cheaper. They are absolutely identical to the Volvo ones in shape and material, down to the stamped part number.
Last edited by Split Infinitive on Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Front parking sensors can’t (sure I read it somewhere). Adaptive cruise can. Heated steering wheel can’t.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.