Instrument panel...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JohnE

Post by JohnE »

When I started my car today the plan view of the car (in the middle of the instrument panel) stayed on for longer than usual. The relevant seatbelts were on and no warnings were showing.
I set the sat nav destination and although I’ve got it set to always display the map in the instrument panel, it took a couple of minutes for the plan view of the car to disappear and the map to appear.
Is this normal? It hasn’t done this before.
XC40 B4 Inscription, Onyx Black, Climate pack
Ordered 9th November 2020
Delivered 11th January 2021

Split Infinitive

Post by Split Infinitive »

Yes, normal. To get rid just press the central white button on the right side of the steering wheel.

I usually do this each journey to get the map back straight away.

The manual says:

"The driver display's graphics show which seats in the car are occupied by belted and unbelted passengers.

The same graphic also shows if the bonnet, tailgate or any door is open.

The graphic can be acknowledged by pressing the O button on the right-hand steering wheel keypad".
Last edited by Split Infinitive on Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

JohnE wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:36 pm When I started my car today the plan view of the car (in the middle of the instrument panel) stayed on for longer than usual. The relevant seatbelts were on and no warnings were showing.
I set the sat nav destination and although I’ve got it set to always display the map in the instrument panel, it took a couple of minutes for the plan view of the car to disappear and the map to appear.
Is this normal? It hasn’t done this before.
Mines done it a few times. Not sure what it is or why. Another bug perhaps 🤷‍♂️
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Osborn 46

Post by Osborn 46 »

I have this also i often just cancel after moving off ,after driving car a few miles on restarting it goes off automatically
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Agreed. Sometimes it appears before I even move off, sometimes 15 seconds after I move off. Before I got wise, it still hadn’t appeared after a mile or so. No rhyme or reason.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Yes, it seems to have a mind of its own. I just press the "OK" button and it goes away.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I've had this for the last few days. Had the car a week and up until Thursday it went away by itself as you drove off. Thursday afternoon i noticed it was now staying till I pressed O.

Also noticed yesterday passenger heating was at 24, mine at 21; I'd discovered and set sync heating zones at the weekend strange, also I'd set audible beep for speed camera's and it had cleared (always pass a speed camera on the way to the M4 so expecting the chime and didn't get it). I'm wondering if the car has had an update, is there any way to tell?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21