Stop/start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Yas

Post by Yas »

ACertainAge wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:34 am When I has my D3R I hated the stop/start and always disabled it after every start. I now have a B4 awd and it does not allow me to switch this feature off. However, it is a much smoother, imperceptible restart now, presumably due to the petrol and electric motor so I'm happy with it..
Is this mentioned somewhere that the new B4 doesn’t allow this option to be disabled?
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4 FWD, Denim Blue
Climate Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

There appears to be no reason to disable it on a mild hybrid car. The electric motor gets the car rolling and noiselessly gets the engine going. Seems the perfect solution to me. Saves fuel and noise and of course pollution while stopped
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

There appears to be no reason to disable it on a mild hybrid car. The electric motor gets the car rolling and then noiselessly gets the engine going. Seems the perfect solution to me. Saves fuel and noise and of course pollution while stopped
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Yas

Post by Yas »

Greggspies wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:25 pm There appears to be no reason to disable it on a mild hybrid car. The electric motor gets the car rolling and then noiselessly gets the engine going. Seems the perfect solution to me. Saves fuel and noise and of course pollution while stopped
Totally agree. It is more of an observation that the option is missing even though the manual didn’t seem to mention that.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

The manual says that the Dynamic Driving mode turns off auto Start/Stop and is a configurable setting in your Individual Driving Mode.
Last edited by JFDIT on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

@Yas, which gearbox did you get on your B4?
Lincolnshire England.
Yas

Post by Yas »

JFDIT wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:09 pm @Yas, which gearbox did you get on your B4?
It suppose to be 8 speed automatic though I read some received 7 speed one. Guess the only option to switch it off is the dynamic mode then.
COOL76Ride

Post by COOL76Ride »

Thank you all for your information. Better armed for discussion tomorrow.

B4 blonde pebble grey
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Huttyhut11 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:00 pm And while I’m on a whinge binge, not only would I love to permanently disable the stop start, but also the anti collision warning.
This initiates inappropriately and is frightening, verging on the dangerous .
My two pet hates. I turn them both off as part of my starting procedure. But I've still had the anti-collision warning happen a couple of times even though it's turned off! And it's even more frightening then!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yeah, the anti collision warning is so invasive that it nearly caused me to have an accident. Reckon it has been developed to try and protect those asleep at the wheel. Or possibly those that should be taking the bus
Lincolnshire England.