Stop/start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Huttyhut11

Post by Huttyhut11 »

Definitely one of the the most annoying features.
It stops inappropriately eg when edging forward in a parking space etc.
Volvo ought to program a longer delay before this feature initiates

Huttyhut11

Post by Huttyhut11 »

And while I’m on a whinge binge, not only would I love to permanently disable the stop start, but also the anti collision warning.
This initiates inappropriately and is frightening, verging on the dangerous .
Morbid Precession

Post by Morbid Precession »

Huttyhut11 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:46 pm Definitely one of the the most annoying features.

It does get better with practice, I can say that from experience.

In the car park situation it's very easy to turn off via the green LED switch on the central console, then turn it back on after you've manoeuvred.

I used to do that each time, but can now manoeuvre almost as good with it activates.
Morbid Precession

Post by Morbid Precession »

Huttyhut11 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:00 pm And while I’m on a whinge binge, not only would I love to permanently disable the stop start, but also the anti collision warning.
This initiates inappropriately and is frightening, verging on the dangerous .
I can live with stop/start, it works well and causes me no problems.

I'm with you on the braking for no apparent reason, scary. Autonomous driving will be fun. Trust your life in Elon Musk! No thanks.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

On new cars from late 2021 it's no longer possible to disable stop/start at all.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I think that's because they are now mild hybrids and the stop/start works very differently. The electric motor gets the car rolling before the engine takes over, so the whole action is much smoother.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

When I has my D3R I hated the stop/start and always disabled it after every start. I now have a B4 awd and it does not allow me to switch this feature off. However, it is a much smoother, imperceptible restart now, presumably due to the petrol and electric motor so I'm happy with it..
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Morbid Precession wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:48 pm
Huttyhut11 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:46 pm Definitely one of the the most annoying features.

It does get better with practice, I can say that from experience.

In the car park situation it's very easy to turn off via the green LED switch on the central console, then turn it back on after you've manoeuvred.

I used to do that each time, but can now manoeuvre almost as good with it activates.
I believe it's "auto hold" that you are talking about. To disable "auto stop-start", you need to press the relevant button in the functions page (or choose a driving mode that has it turned off).
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

ACertainAge wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:34 am When I has my D3R I hated the stop/start and always disabled it after every start. I now have a B4 awd and it does not allow me to switch this feature off. However, it is a much smoother, imperceptible restart now, presumably due to the petrol and electric motor so I'm happy with it..
There is a button in the functions centre, but you have to swipe right (or is it left) on the screen every time. I agree the B4 starting is so quiet, much better belt driving the engine to start rather than the old style whirl and fling starter motor.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Yas

Post by Yas »

Hi there, I am new to this forum.
I’ve finally received my new XC40 B4 (used to drive V40) and I can’t seem to find the function to disable start/stop at all… neither by swiping nor at the bottom of the individual drive mode (I agree it’s much smoother than petrol only cars) I wonder if I missed a trick or the dealership didn’t install the latest firmware?
MY22 XC40 Inscription B4 FWD, Denim Blue
Climate Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto