Alexa App

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hammo

Post by hammo »

Hi everyone, I absolutely love my XC40 Inscription AWD.

Has anyone tried setting up the Alexa Volvo on call app?

I have and it linked and works very well, but it has very limited functionality!

My car is full of tech and has so much potential to share data in the ‘on call’ app and the Alexa app. When you compare it to what Tesla do with car data, they make Volvo look like they are using a zx spectrum (yes i am old enough to remember!)

Come on Volvo, make things happen?
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Don’t expect further functionality developments in the existing Sensus operating system and related apps. Volvo is committed to Android Automotive, already launched in Polestar 2 and XC40 Pure Recharge, it will become the operating system of all future Volvo models. How much integration will Google allow with competitor Amazon services (Alexa) remain to be seen...
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

hammo wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:28 am Hi everyone, I absolutely love my XC40 Inscription AWD.

Has anyone tried setting up the Alexa Volvo on call app?

I have and it linked and works very well, but it has very limited functionality!

My car is full of tech and has so much potential to share data in the ‘on call’ app and the Alexa app. When you compare it to what Tesla do with car data, they make Volvo look like they are using a zx spectrum (yes i am old enough to remember!)

Come on Volvo, make things happen?

Haven’t tried it but will now. BTW it’s amazing that you are driving a car that is still 10 months away from being delivered 😂😂😂
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
hammo

Post by hammo »

LOL, thanks for that.
I must have returned from the future😉
XC40 B4P AWD Inscription, sunroof, winter pack, conv. pack, apple play, spare wheel, mud flaps.
Paint and interior protection, 5 years service option. SPARE KEY @£75 :( :( :(
Denim blue, automatic,
(arrived 14 Nov. 2020) 😉
:D
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

hammo wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:30 pm LOL, thanks for that.
I must have returned from the future😉

59153C2C-AA16-445A-98EE-EDE716A53435.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Split Infinitive

Post by Split Infinitive »

Tried it with the Google Assistant on my android phone yesterday. As you say it has very limited functionality. I won't be using it again.

It won't lock/unlock the car. Neither will it remote start the car. The ability to tell me how much is in the fuel tank or flash the lights isn't really needed by me.

It's also very clunky - you have to ask the Google Assistant to speak with VOC, then you ask it the command. 9 X out of 10 it says it can't carry out the command. It did tell me how much fuel I had. The VOC app does that, so does the car's fuel gauge.