Downloading apps to Sensus

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
CastleMarkT

Post by CastleMarkT »

Hi All

I don't have any apps (e.g. spotify) downloaded to my XC40 PHEV and am struggling to understand what the steps are to do so. Can anyone advise how the wifi needs to be configured (car sim or via mobile phone - I use Apply CarPlay)? The manual seems a little vague to me and of course the dealers are closed. Any advice welcomed, thanks!

Moss

Post by Moss »

CastleMarkT wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:39 pm Hi All

I don't have any apps (e.g. spotify) downloaded to my XC40 PHEV and am struggling to understand what the steps are to do so. Can anyone advise how the wifi needs to be configured (car sim or via mobile phone - I use Apply CarPlay)? The manual seems a little vague to me and of course the dealers are closed. Any advice welcomed, thanks!
If you want to download new apps, your car has to be connected to the internet, be it with a data SIM card in the boot or via your phone (beware of possible data traffic costs)

* Open the Download Centre on the Applications page of your Sensus screen (scroll from right to left to open the Applications page, and then tap on the Download Centre button).
* Select New apps in order to open a list of apps that are available but not installed in the car
* Tap on an app you want to install, and select Install in order to start the download and installation of the desired app.
The status of the download and installation is shown while it is in progress.
A message is shown if a download cannot be started for the moment (you can try again later on).