Recharge Help

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
delboy72

Post by delboy72 »

Hi,

Just received new company car XC40 Recharge R Design Pro, due to COVID, etc. I have not really had a run through the full running's of the car. What I have noticed is I prefer to drive in Sport Mode as this gives more power, however when in this mode does it not drop in to electric when going at low speed?

Also have tried to set the parking climate on Volvo on Call app. Tried a couple of times setting it for early morning start but each time has said it has failed. Error message said about requiring to be plugged in to the mains, but it had full battery. Any ideas?

Is there any other tips or tricks I need to know that might not have been obvious to me.

Thanks

morganj

Post by morganj »

Power Mode is ICE+EV for full power at all times. It doesn’t even allow Stop/Start.

If you want to use EV at lower speed then Hybrid Mode. is the way to go.

I have my Recharge plugged in charging at home unless being driven. So cannot comment on the error message.

However I will say setting the timers for parking climate can be troublesome to say the least. Usually takes a few attempts. You can set them also from the AC settings on center display too.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
delboy72

Post by delboy72 »

I’m just thinking back to my 330e and I used to put it in sport mode, the steering became stiffer and revs went up but still dropped into electric when driving about car parks, etc
morganj

Post by morganj »

I actually drive mine in two modes only. Pure and Power.

I use the supercomputer in my head instead of letting the car decide.

Most urban trips are in Pure and anything longer in Pure.

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

In the recharge, you need to be plugged in for parking climate to work. This may be different from other models which start the ICE to run parking climate
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

Also remember that the parking climate will only run for a max of 30 mins. I don't use the timers I just start it via the app. It will also chew up about 10 to 15% of your hybrid battery even though you are plugged in.
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20
morganj

Post by morganj »

Wheaters55 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:48 pm Also remember that the parking climate will only run for a max of 30 mins. I don't use the timers I just start it via the app. It will also chew up about 10 to 15% of your hybrid battery even though you are plugged in.
I have had my Recharge since June last year and use the Parking Climate almost every morning, recent outside temps around -20c
I have never seen a hit on battery level, if yours is doing that that does not seem normal.

AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

Agreed with above, power mode is a good drive but won't drop into pure electric. Just press the button near your knee in urban areas.

The only way to warm the vehicle when its not plugged in is to remote start the engine, if you have electric this is relatively quiet but will use up electric miles. If plugged in the parking climate is good and I haven't seen a drop in miles?
XC40 Inscription
T5 Hybrid - Red
Drivers Pack
Tow Bar
morganj

Post by morganj »

AndrewC wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:09 am Agreed with above, power mode is a good drive but won't drop into pure electric. Just press the button near your knee in urban areas.

The only way to warm the vehicle when its not plugged in is to remote start the engine, if you have electric this is relatively quiet but will use up electric miles. If plugged in the parking climate is good and I haven't seen a drop in miles?
If you have already been driving and have a short stop parking climate is very good too. I have been using remote start mostly during the summer to activate AC to cool car.
Mostly parking climate in the winter for short stops. Remote start for anything longer than an hour or so. Although to be fair I’m usually parked and charging wherever I stop.