Dash Cams - Again

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

So, a conversation starter. Perhaps, like me, during lockdown, you’ve been doing you a bit of YouTubing. I’m a bit hooked on Dash Cam footage. But, it seems to me that drivers with Dash Cams think they can do what they like because it’s on camera. Or it could be that the drivers that upload their footage drive differently or perhaps there is a complete disrespect for the motoring rules and regulations and Dash Cams just bring it all to light. Most of the accidents and incidents online could be avoided I think but people just want to be Macho and prove a point. I haven’t got a Dash Cam and probably won’t get one. I’ve just learnt that there are complete idiots on the road and account for those idiots. The videos are full of people who can see the hazard unfolding before them but don’t take any action.

Your inputs or thoughts...
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Delicious User 3280

Post by Delicious User 3280 »

I tend not to stereotype whole groups of people because of the technology they use. I'm sure, and know, that many dash cam users are very considerate drivers.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Apart from when first setting it up, I haven't even viewed any footage from my dashcam, let alone uploaded any.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Delicious User 3280 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 pm I tend not to stereotype whole groups of people because of the technology they use. I'm sure, and know, that many dash cam users are very considerate drivers.
Yes, I see and agree your point. I’m just curious how some people drive. The Original post wasn’t to pigeon hole people with them. Just watching some of the uploads makes me cringe. Things like an articulated lorry pulling out of a petrol station. Now every good driver knows it takes a vehicle that’s long and bulky time to make such an exit. But a lot people out there would rather accelerate up to the lorry and give an extended blast of the horn just in order to make a point and send it off to YouTube. A lot of what I’m seeing is aggressive driving to catch it on camera.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

The internet is awash with people flaunting their own stupidity in every way imaginable (and then some). As a dash cam user for self-protection I am always aware that the footage could be used against me if I do anything wrong, so it encourages me to drive as if a traffic cop was in the passenger seat...
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Boxybutgood wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:54 pm The internet is awash with people flaunting their own stupidity in every way imaginable (and then some). As a dash cam user for self-protection I am always aware that the footage could be used against me if I do anything wrong, so it encourages me to drive as if a traffic cop was in the passenger seat...
👌