Amazon Music via AppleCarplay

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
emnick

Post by emnick »

Is there anyway to use voice search on the Amazon music app?

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

If you use Apple CarPlay than Siri is turned on. You can use Siri for your Amazon Music commands.
emnick

Post by emnick »

eugen61 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:42 pm If you use Apple CarPlay than Siri is turned on. You can use Siri for your Amazon Music commands.
Thanks for the reply do you know the string you have to use?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

emnick wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:43 pm
eugen61 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:42 pm If you use Apple CarPlay than Siri is turned on. You can use Siri for your Amazon Music commands.
On your iPhone, go to Settings, Siri&Search. Scroll down until you find Amazon Music (should be on top of the list), open it and toggle on everything (from Learn from this App to Use with Ask Siri).

Plug your iPhone in your car and activate CarPlay. Depress and hold the steering wheel button for voice recognition until you hear the ping sound and dictate to Siri:

Play [Artist] on Amazon Music: Starts songs from a selected artist.
Play the [Playlist] playlist on Amazon Music: Plays songs from the playlist you mention.
Play [Song] on Amazon Music: Plays a specific song in your library.
Start the [radio station name] radio station on Amazon Music: Plays music from that radio station.
Shuffle my music on Amazon Music: Plays all your music on shuffle mode.
Pause this song: Useful for temporarily freezing playback.
Resume playing: Continues a paused song.
Skip this song: If you want to go to the next song in the series, use this command.
Stop this song: Completely stops music streaming from the Music app.
What song is this? Siri will give you information on the name of the song and artist.

Siri will learn how you use your iPhone with Amazon Music app and execute more divers commands in time.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

eugen61 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:21 pm
emnick wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:43 pm
On your iPhone, go to Settings, Siri&Search. Scroll down until you find Amazon Music (should be on top of the list), open it and toggle on everything (from Learn from this App to Use with Ask Siri).

Plug your iPhone in your car and activate CarPlay. Depress and hold the steering wheel button for voice recognition until you hear the ping sound and dictate to Siri:

Play [Artist] on Amazon Music: Starts songs from a selected artist.
Play the [Playlist] playlist on Amazon Music: Plays songs from the playlist you mention.
Play [Song] on Amazon Music: Plays a specific song in your library.
Start the [radio station name] radio station on Amazon Music: Plays music from that radio station.
Shuffle my music on Amazon Music: Plays all your music on shuffle mode.
Pause this song: Useful for temporarily freezing playback.
Resume playing: Continues a paused song.
Skip this song: If you want to go to the next song in the series, use this command.
Stop this song: Completely stops music streaming from the Music app.
What song is this? Siri will give you information on the name of the song and artist.

Siri will learn how you use your iPhone with Amazon Music app and execute more divers commands in time.
Apologies for the inaccurate information. Please disregard the command list above, unfortunately Amazon Music doesn’t offer support for Siri. The only Siri command you can use is “Open Amazon Music” and the app will open on your screen.
emnick

Post by emnick »

Thanks eugen so assume that leaves Apple Music or Spotify as the options ?
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

emnick wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:06 pm Thanks eugen so assume that leaves Apple Music or Spotify as the options ?
If your main goal is to use Siri voice commands while driving, than yes, Apple Music or Spotify are the options.

Since all my devices are in the Apple ecosystem I have been an Apple Music customer for a decade. However, Volvo’s lack of wireless CarPlay combined with Spotify integration in Sensus made me phase out Apple Music. Moving all my Apple Music library and playlists to Spotify was easy and now my music is picked up in the car exactly where was left on other devices (inter-device continuity). You can also easily convert Amazon music playlist to Spotify, here’s how: https://www.tunemymusic.com/Amazon-Music-to-Spotify.php