Failed Auxiliary Drive Belt - after 529 miles...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

RichardXC wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm
XC40Warwick wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:46 am Sometimes components have faults during manufacture. Volvo seem to have been perfectly reasonable, they have to order the parts and wait for them to be delivered. There is also a global pandemic happening remember :)

My XC40 now has 30k miles and I have not had any mechanical issues.
Good grief. I am well aware of the pandemic - and it may even be a reason for hoping a new car would be reliable...

I thought I would make other owners aware of the problem, but I should have known the subject would attract its fair share of apologists.
I wasn't the idiot who carried on driving after it had thrown warnings to stop .... things break sometimes, get over it.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA

RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

XC40Warwick wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:13 pm
RichardXC wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm
XC40Warwick wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:46 am Sometimes components have faults during manufacture. Volvo seem to have been perfectly reasonable, they have to order the parts and wait for them to be delivered. There is also a global pandemic happening remember :)

My XC40 now has 30k miles and I have not had any mechanical issues.
Good grief. I am well aware of the pandemic - and it may even be a reason for hoping a new car would be reliable...

I thought I would make other owners aware of the problem, but I should have known the subject would attract its fair share of apologists.
I wasn't the idiot who carried on driving after it had thrown warnings to stop .... things break sometimes, get over it.
I am over it, thanks. And thanks for calling me an idiot.

Seriously, your pompous "I've done 30,000 faultless miles" attitude is laughable.

But crack on.
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

I was just telling others for their peace of mind that not all XC40's have mechanical faults. Just because the dealer didn't give you a virtual hug and offer to service it for free next time you criticise them. They have responded in a reasonable manner.
I hope they resolve it for you quickly so you can enjoy what is usually a great car.
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

XC40Warwick wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:40 am I was just telling others for their peace of mind that not all XC40's have mechanical faults. Just because the dealer didn't give you a virtual hug and offer to service it for free next time you criticise them. They have responded in a reasonable manner.
I hope they resolve it for you quickly so you can enjoy what is usually a great car.
Life is too short to bother responding to any more of your self-satisfied smugness.

Enjoy your day.
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

"virtual hugs" xx
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Get a room you two!
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Well let’s all calm down a bit. We’re all on this site for the same reasons - to help each other out running a car that’s technically challenging (at least for me). We all have different opinions and different ways to express those opinions. Respect for each other is a must.

I expect someone will now post ‘Thanks Dad’.🙂
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

As an update on the actual issue, I can inform everyone that we are still waiting for the part to arrive from Sweden. I'm blaming Brexit for that delay. :D
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Dermottdog wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:48 pm Well let’s all calm down a bit. We’re all on this site for the same reasons - to help each other out running a car that’s technically challenging (at least for me). We all have different opinions and different ways to express those opinions. Respect for each other is a must.

I expect someone will now post ‘Thanks Dad’.🙂

Well said Dermottdog. I am also a Dad type. :lol:
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

RichardXC wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:11 pm As an update on the actual issue, I can inform everyone that we are still waiting for the part to arrive from Sweden. I'm blaming Brexit for that delay. :D
Oh no...! Let’s not get started on Brexit :shock: :lol:
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred