R Design external high gloss trim

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi all
Have an R design T3 on order with an expected delivery in March, I ordered the R design after a test drive and the perceived better balanced sports chassis and suspension from the various motoring reviews, but that’s a personal choice.

My main question is the abundance of gloss black plastic trim on the outside of the vehicle, how is this wearing, does it scratch easily and is it easy to clean ???

Have seen some posts from owners commenting on the interior gloss black trim scratching easy, hopefully the external trim is made of sterner stuff, hopefully comments from R design owners will reassure me or make me think that it could be a problem long term
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my

decw22

Post by decw22 »

Hard to say!

Had mine 4 months, but with lockdown not done more than 500 miles. Still in excellent condition. I just keep cleaning it: nowt else to do!
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Found the external mirror covers pick up brush scratches easily from roadside bushes, over than that all ok.
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Mine is one month off three years and 30k miles - no evidence of anything to worry about on the exterior black gloss plastic trim.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Ok good to know ,thanks for your replies .
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my